CHAP 2: fiancee

GABBY'S POV

"And for you Lou-bear, here's the Pork Sisig and a big bowl of carrots." I said as i handed Lou's order in front of him. Niall is already munching his, and suddenly i felt so relieved and happy that Niall and I are okay now.

"So you're the famous boy band that captures the hearts of the girls in this generation?" A low and strong voice said behind me and I rolled my eyes. Of course, it's Mikee. He looked at them one by one, as if they would attempt to kidnap me. The boys' looks are phenomenal!

"I'm Mikee, the head chef and Gabby's brother. How's the food?" He asked again and this time, Liam stood up, extending his hand. After all, he's daddy direction.

"I'm Liam Payne. It's nice to meet you sir. The food here is delicious. Thank you." Liam said calmly and Mikee shook his hand, then showed a teeny winnie smile. Oh brother.

"I'm Louis Tomlinson sir. It’s nice to meet you." Lou said and also extended his hand, which Mikee shook. What's with the formality? One by one, the boys & girl stood up and introduced themselves.

"But Gabby, you don't have a brother?" Bradford boy asked, totally confused.

"I don't. Mikee and I treat each other as real siblings." I explained and they nodded in understanding. Mikee then turned to Harry, who looked so calm.

"So you're Harry eh?" Mikee said and Harry nodded.

"Don't scare my fiancée. bro." I said, emphasizing the word fiancée.

"You better treat her like a princess, and if she'd come to me crying, I'd serve your baby makers in a platter. I'm sure it'd be worth a few million dollars." Mikee threatened and my eyes widened in shock and amusement. The boys laughed, except for Lou and Harry.

"I will sir." Harry answered, showing his million-dollar smile.

"Good. Enjoy your food." Mikee said then turned away. It was an awkward silence when Lou broke it off. Or rather, made it more awkward.

"You heard that Harry? Like a princess." Lou suddenly said. I raised my brows at Liam, but he just smiled and turned back to his food.

"I know Lou." Harry replied and pulled me to him that I am sitting on his lap. He wrapped his arms around me, as I leaned on his chest and inhaled his perfume. 

 "I miss you so much Gab. It felt like every day without seeing you was torture." He whispered on my ear and I can't hide the huge grin on my face.

"Me too Harry. Me too." I told him and watched the boys finish their food with contentment.

"So Gabby, how about a party?" Lou said out of the blue. The gang nodded their heads except for me. I tilted my head in confusion.

"What party?" I asked, and everyone laughed.

"A welcome party of course, we'll invite all our friends that we haven't seen in 2 years." Liam explained and I shook my head in approval. "We'll also go shopping tonight, so the party's gonna be tomorrow."

Lou said excitedly and jumped up and down like a little boy.

"Okay, but how about we go now?" I suggested and they nodded in agreement.

I released my body from Harry's arm and my subconscious glared at me. Oh shut up.

I told my assistant Cherry that she'll take over for now.

The moment we walked out of the door, Lou and Zayn started to shove and push each other while holding Cher's wrists. She's like the rope in a game of tug of war.

"She'll sit with me!" Lou whines as he dragged Cher to his side. 

"No! She'll sit with me!" Zayn answered back and pulled Cher to his side. It's like watching two kids fight over a robot, but this is more painful. Cher just laughed and leaned to whisper something to Lou's ear. He started to jump up and down and pumped his hand in the air. Liam, Harry and Niall walked Cher to the car, side by side, and me? Well, I walked behind them. My subconscious weeps again, as if her heart was torn into two. Looking at them so happy, carefree, and contented, they look like they really like her. And when I said they, it includes my supposed-to-be fiancée.

I don't know why I even have this feeling on me. I mean, he's my fiancée and we should be happy in love. Excited that we have seen each other again, but why am I feeling this way? Like we're just normal friends.

They look like they have known each other for how many years, and I felt a pang of jealousy. That girl, should be me. Or I mean, it used to be me. But looking at them laughing and joking, it's like I'm just a new friend. Good-bye self-confidence.

I pushed my thoughts away as we all climbed to the van. Luckily, it's a ten-seated van so we can sit comfortably. Liam is the driver and Zayn sat shot gun. Lou sat beside Cher on the back, while I sat between Harry and Niall, Reluctantly, I grabbed Harry's hand and intertwined our fingers. And only then I noticed that he wasn't wearing THE ring. We aren't married yet, but when he proposed to me, he also bought a ring similar to mine, as a sign of our commitment, he says.

"Where's your ring?" I asked and he suddenly tensed up.

"Erm, I lost it." He said. Simple as that. He didn't even say he was sorry!

"You lost it? How? When?" I asked but he just shrugged. Answer me damn it!

"Don't worry about it, it's just a ring." Then bam! It felt like I just got slapped.

"Just a ring, you say." I mumbled and tears started to blurry my vision.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that.. I don't wear it in concerts, so when I changed last time, it was nowhere to be found."   He explained but I'm still hurt. It’s not just a ring. For me, it's a sign of our love for each other, sign of our affection. But where is it? Why can't I feel it anymore? Someone slap me please. So I could wake up and think straight. Maybe you think that I am taking all this hurt lightly, considering that I already have a fiancée. But try to be in my shoes. Not seeing, talking, and laughing with your fiancée for two years, won't you feel... tasteless. Like, it's slowly fading away.

"Okay. I forgive you. But promise me that you'll take me on a date the day after tomorrow." I said and he smiled. He kissed me forehead as I leaned on his shoulder, closed my eyes and let darkness take over me.

I don't know what awaits me, but, just today, I want to be on the arms of my fiancée. My happily ever after.

right?

COMMENT. VOTE. I LOVE YOU. FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @amazANNE or in facebook @ Jordanne Lagtapon. be sure to say "CARROTS" when you add me so i'll know who you are! I'll start giving updates in fb and twitter!  Xx

goodbye female population.