Chapter 42- Bestfriends Again

Hey guys!

Grabe, I miss Wattpad so much.

Sorry for the very long wait. Hindi ako nakakapag-update dahil sa school. I hope you guys understand that my studies have to go first. I am a KimXi fan, kaso siyempre, priority pa rin ang education ko. I really want to be in the honor roll this year. Sana. Anyway, I have a one week vacation kaya nakapag-update ako. I'm really trying to formulate the next happenings para magandahan naman kayo.

By the way guys, did you hear that Kim's mom passed away? Xian went to Cebu to be there for Kim, which I found very appropriate and caring for a guy to do. I hope Kim is emotionally doing fine. My condolences for her family. I hope she finds joy in "There's a reason for why things happen." I know it's hard to lose a mom because a mom is the person that loves us first. Sana, Kim will be okay. And sana, Xian will just be there for her, especially now that she's filled with grief. Prayers for the Chiu family.

I would just like to thank the people that make this story possible, which is ofcourse my readers, and most especially the commenters. :) Salamat sa pag-supporta sa akin, ha? You gys have no idea how encouraging it is to hear from you na gusto niyo yung story at gusto niyo ng update. Hehe. Thank you nga pala for 55,000+ reads.

Dedicated to ThelmaTanDydzik. Thank you for your comments and support. Nakakataba ng puso.

Please support me by reading, voting, commenting, and being my fan.

I love you guys.

Give me some feedback, alright? Hihi :>

Xian's Point of View 

It's been about a weeek since I arrived here in America, at nandito ako ngayon sa San Francisco Hospital. I'm bringing with me a heart that wants to set things right once and for all. I have to visit Hayley and explain myself to her. I have to. Utang ko sa kanya at sa sarili ko ang katotohanan. Kinakain na kase ako ng konsensya ko, and I know this is the right thing to do. Sabi nga nila diba, the truth will set you free. Eto na yung chance na to. Mapapalaya ko na rin ang sarili ko sa kulungan na ako mismo ang nagtayo para sa sarili ko.

Hayley has been diagnosed with Stage 3 Skin Cancer two weeks before I left for the international business seminar in the Philippines. She's been my classmate since first year college in Stanford. And she's one great girl. She knows just how to make your bad day into a good one. She's the type of person that knows how to make you feel better. She isn't demanding, but she appreciates time and effort spent for her. She reminds me of Kim. In fact, she's a lot like Kim in terms of attitude, but their physical features are different. Kim's appearance screams a dash of Chinese blood, while Hayley's traits are very American.

I entered Hayley's room holding get-well-soon balloons on one hand, and a bag of food on the other. As I went in, I saw Hayley sitting up on her bed, staring blankly ahead outside the window. It was as if she was thinking deeply.

"Hey, Hale!", bati ko sa kanya.

She smiled as she turned to see me.

"Awwww! You sidekick!", sabi ni Hayley.

"Why?", tanong ko.

"I was thinking about balloons. And here you are, bringing some for me.", she explained.

"What can I say? Great minds think alike.", sagot ko.

"Haha! Funny, Xian! So, where have you been? I haven't seen you for like, a month."

"Hale, I was in the Philippines. We had an international business seminar there.", paliwanag ko.

"Ah, I see. So uh, what brought you here?", asked Hayley.