Chapter 40- Does Time Change Us?

Hi, guys! Bilis ng update noh? Wala kasi akong magawa, at saktong walang writer's block! Buti nalang! :))

Anyway, nagustuhan ko yung IKA kahapon dahil may mga kilig moments si Kim at Xian, kaya na-inspire akong magsulat.

This is dedicated to JeanTheaGablinez. Talagang feel na feel mo ba yung story? Haha! Thank you sa feedback ah. Kaya ako naganahan, ikaw kase, nag-comment agad :))

Guys, supportahan niyo lang ha? So read, vote, comment, and be my fan :))

Kim's Point of View

Chase your dreams and success will follow you. That has been my motto for the last three years, and I can say it has been effective in my journey. Today is my first year anniversary in Chiu Group of Companies. Today, I am officially taking the COO position. Tito Gerry just recently resigned, saying goodbye to this company. Because of that, there was a need for a new COO. With no cheats and shortcuts, the board members of this company elected me for the position. With compliant and loving hearts, they welcomed me as their new Chief Operating Officer. I can gladly say I belong here. This was my dream. And today is it's fulfillment.

The Chiu Group of Companies are companies belonging to the Chiu family. So in one way or another, we are all related. Pero ang over-all head ng company ay ang pamilya namin. So as you can see, we carry the Chinese tradition of family ties. The class "C" officers are all my relatives. As in CEO, my dad. CFO, my cousin. Stuff like that. So hindi talaga kami nahihirapan mag tiwala dahil kilala namin ang isa't isa. Pero siyempre, not everybody here is a Chiu. Our investors, managers, officers, they don't belong in the Chiu clan. Dahil kung puro Chiu lang pala, magkukulang kami sa tao. But one thing about our company though is that we trust Chinese blood more. So most of our investors are Chinese. That's how tradition is.

Anyway, The last three years have been amazing. At second year college, I was formally hired by Chiu Group of Companies. I worked part time. I worked for three hours on weekdays and I worked half day every weekend. It was like my internship, only better. At that time I was only a Marketing Officer, which was mostly paperwork, so I could bring my workload home. Nonetheless, I loved that job. I was an efficient leader, considering the people and their work. I took time to mingle with employees, get to know them, and soon enough, supervise them. Employees loved being under my leadership, and that, I can say, is flattering. It's nice to think that people appreciate you. Because I was working, I received payment for it. I received salary, or suweldo in Tagalog. But I always chose to save it in the bank. If given the chance, I would invest once in a while. So my money grew, and I could say I was a young entrepreneur in the making. At fourth year college, I acquired enough money to buy my own car. And so I did. I bought a white Montero of Mitsubishi, top of the line. And I'm proud of it because I bought it without having to ask my parents to pay. Accomplishment iyon. By then I had already learned how to drive, so I was given the privilege of going where I wanted to. I graduated as summa cum laude in Ateneo De Manila University under the course Business Administration. After graduation, the company hired me for full time. And I, with no hesitation, accepted the offer. Now, I am currently saving for a house. I can't live with my parents forever, right? Soon I'll be facing a reality that I feared long ago- entertaining suitors or manliligaw in Tagalog. Next thing you know I'll be getting married. I'll start settling down and building a family of my own. Time flies and things change. It all happens in the blink of an eye.

I entered my office. A big piece of framework on my desk caught my eyes. It said:

Kimberly Sue Yap Chiu 

Chief Operating Officer

I walked towards my table, looking around for a while. This is a nice office. I sat on my executive chair, trying to feel the comfort. Half of my desk was already filled with paperwork. Here we go again, Kim. We're back to work. Then all of a sudden, I heard a knock on the door.