Chapter 36- Christmas Is Always Better With You

Hey guys! Salamat sa feedback sa last chapter! Natouch ako :">

Anyway, please give me more comments, para naman ma-encourage ako lalo sa pagsusulat ko. May short break kami, kaya masaya ako :)) Mas frequent na ang updates pag ganoon :))

Okay lang po ba yung story? Please tell me kung nagiging boring na, para I can think of a better twist. I am writing another story of KimXi, in English naman po siya. Hindi ko pa napopost, pero sana suportahan niyo. Medyo matagal-tagal pa siya bago lumabas, pero excited ako. For those who haven't read my other story, inception of the unexpected, pa-try naman pong basahin :)) hehe...

Na-inspire ako sa Ina, Kapatid, Anak :)) Finally my scenes na rin sila together! Excited ako para sa kanila.. hehe :)) Go CELIAM!

By the way, para medyo bumilis, I'll skip a few months :)) Please read, COMMENT, vote, share, and be my fan! I love you all! :D

Xian's Point of View

From afar, I saw a girl sitting by a doorstep. There were stairs beneath her feet. She was hugging her knees with one hand, while holding her phone on the other. She stood up and walked back and forth along the doorstep. She would twist and turn, as if tired of waiting. Once in a while, she would try to divert her attention into something else, like she would brush her hair then warm her arms, but she would return to her cellphone. It looked like she was expecting someone, probably waiting for whoever it was. I didn't know what else to do, so I decided to get to her. I took steps forward, carefully making my way to approach her until I reached the steps. She was facing the door, so I couldn't see her face. I took a deep breath. Then she turned around to face me. As she saw me, her face revealed a smile. I realized it was her. It was Kim. I smiled back and she started walking down the stairs to reach me. I opened my arms to welcome her in an embrace. I closed my eyes, expecting Kim in my arms, but to my surprise, she didn't reach me. I opened my eyes and saw an empty staircase and a void doorstep. I turned around to see where she was heading. She ran towards a man holding a dozen of red roses. His entrance came with Kim in his arms. They were in what I would call a perfect hug. I looked to see who the man was, but his face was a blur. From side view, Kim's face was glowing with flashing smiles that seemed to have no end. She looked happy being with him. They let go of the embrace and held each other's hands. For a while, they stared into each other's eyes, probably cherishing the moments one gets to see beyond the windows of the soul. Then it occurred to me that I wasn't that man. I wasn't who Kim was with. I saw Kim happy, the same way she was when she was mine. My face started to turn wet, and my fingers felt the tears that flowed from a shattered heart. Funny as it may seem, and some might even call over-reacting, it's true. A heart broken by the very love that saved me from sadness. They walked towards me, and again, they passed through me. Was being with Kim merely a facade of happiness? Was I a ghost of yesterday? Did I exist? Or even worse than that, did our relationship exist?

"Xian!", sigaw ng isang babae.

"No!", biglang sigaw ko.

Binuksan ko ang mga mata ko. Pag mulat ng mga mata ko, una kong nakita ang picture namin ni Kim na naka-frame sa desk. Dito na pala ako sa study room nakatulog. Ang dami ko kasing requirements na tinapos. Hindi pa rin ako mapakali. Ano ba ang nangyayari? Ano ang nangyari sa amin ni Kim?

Biglang tumunog ang cellphone ko. Pagtingin ko, one unread text message. Binuksan ko ang text.

To: Xian

Good morning, babe! Have a great day ahead of you! Take care there! Love you <3

From: Kim

Napangiti ako. Kim was still here. Kim was still my girlfriend. Kim was still mine. Agad-agad kong dinial ang number ni Kim.