Chapter 49 - No More James

"Channing!"

Talon was banging at his door, infuriated by his treatment of Elli, she had decided to make the short sharp visit before meeting River at Tatler's.

She tried the handle, locked.  She put her ear to the door, nothing. She concentrated and let one shard emerge through her skin; she put in between the lock and the door and pressed the lock back. Stealthily she entered the house. No one was home.

       She ended up in Channing's bedroom, against her will she lay down on his bed and inhaled his sublime scent. She couldn't keep doing this, let go, he doesn't like you like that.  Was he any good for her anyway? What about what he did to Elli? He was wrong, very wrong... twisted even. Nasty, mean, self centered and dangerous... but still he had been so careful with her. Maybe it was she that was good for him. The guy at the park's sexy smile rose in her mind. Groaning and with a heavy heart she made her way out to the front door closing it behind her.

*

Channing was already in a sour mood; his mind kept jabbing images of Talon with others guys into his eyes. They were blazing with malice by the time he made it to a seedy pub in the darker area of town.

       Men backed away from him, women kept staring at him licking their lips. He nursed a bottle of Whiskey but it was not making him relax in fact it was throwing gas on a fire.

He could see his presence were making the 'tough' bikies nervous, they were obviously hatching some type of plan to accost him. Please bring it on he thought merrily.

       "Hey sugar doll." An acid voice breathed alcoholic stench over him. He raised his eyes to frown at an over made up women, her crepey breasts leaking out of the top of a tight leather vest. His lips curled in distaste.

"Wanna buy a girl a drink, or I can share." She grabbed the bottle of Whiskey and started to move the bottle's neck in her mouth very suggestively.

Channing wanted to ram it through her skull; he'd never touch it now, just as he'd never let that mouth touch him. He just sat impassively watching her. The blackness unfurled its slime and sent it's tentacle throughout his body.

*

Cindy baulked at this face before her, suddenly menacing and utterly sinister. He had looked so cool and dangerous in that irresistible bad boy way that made her heart go thudding. The way he had moved across the floor had sent her adjusting her cleavage. His eyes she was sure were blue, now they were pitch black. She felt a like a fly being regarded by a spider.She started to slide out of the booth but his hand snaked across the table and held her wrist in a vice grip.

       "I'm s-s-sorry I'll go now."

       "Another bottle of Whiskey, get it now."

She nodded, out of the corner of her eyes she saw the local gang that she normally mucked around watching her situation with interest. She breathed easier. She gave the stranger a smirk undulated toward the bar. As she glanced back at the man she saw he was staring into space his face like a block of granite, she took a deep breath and waited on ordering that bottle of Whiskey. She only had so much money after all.

       "You righ' Cindee?" A slurred voice murmured from beside her. "That dude annoying ya?"

       "I'm just getting him sum whiskey." Rocco liked her she knew that. "He wants to go get ruf afta that."

       "Rough? He hittin' on ya?" Rocco stood up to his full height, which to Cindy had been quite impressive before meeting the black haired giant.