Chapter 14 - its double-sided tape darling

Talon The Change

Copyright 2013 © All Right Reserved

Edited By: LadyDawn

Chapter 13 – It's Double-Sided Tape, Darling!

 Mega short chapter sorry guys

            Talon looked in the mirror not seeing anything, but feeling everything. She needed to dance. Her body was a molten mess of tangles. She sifted though her dresses, throwing them carelessly plummeting all over the bed.

Finally she chose a deep red dress; a halter neck with a plunging V neckline, knee length with thigh splits, instead of a material back it had fine golden-chains from one side to another. She found some gold strappy high heels, she always had thought of these as her 'Cinderella' shoes.

She had put her hair in hot rollers, and was about to start her makeup when the phone rang. It was Elli wanting to know if she could get ready at Talon's house and stay over there afterwards. She arrived about fifteen minutes later, her overnight bag in tow. She'd already had a shower, so she sat on the bed with Talon who was looking for something amongst her clothes. Elli gossiped about her day with Carden.

            "So. Did you finally find something to wear?" Elli's wide eyes roamed over Talon's mess of thrown clothing strewn over the floor and bed.

"It was a mission but yup," Talon smiled sheepishly, "what are you wearing?"

Elli held up a plain long black dress.

Talon winced, "No you're not, not tonight anyway."

"Why not?" asked Elli crossly, "my Mother bought me this dress."

Talon had the urge to say ' Mum's are so outdated.'

"Tonight, my friend, you will send Carden over the edge. Sorry, I've hung out with Summer to long," She simpered, as the doorbell rang.

"Elli, this is Rodger, the best make up artist in the world."

She had called Rodger after Elli rang begging him for this favour, even after he had done her makeup this morning four times already, he readily agreed. He loved posting on social media what he was up to and who he was with. She wanted Elli to blow everyone's socks off.

Rodger got started straight away on Elli, Talon was doing her own makeup when Elli walked in her hair straightened parted on the side, small tendrils framing her face. She looked stunning, Talon smiled and hugged her, "WOWeee, you look like a movie star! Carden is going to DIE!!!"

 Elli did a small jump and swung around excitedly to gaze in the mirror not believing it was her; moss green eyes stared from under discreet false lashes, her skin glowed and her mouth looked nothing if not kissable, she felt beautiful. Talon threw a dress at her, it was a hot pink satin corset with a matching skirt, Elli shuddered horrified, "No way!"

"YES WAY" two voices replied, Rodger looking on in utter agreement at the combo, "That darling, is going to make you P-O-P!"

As Elli went to try it on, Rodger huffed and made his way over to Talon to finish her off.

            "Tal darling you lightened your hair again!" he cried, "loooove it! I always have told you, you should be an ice blonde! I hope you go lighter still!"

Talon creased her face up, "I haven't touched my hair, Rodge." As she gazed in the mirror she saw that indeed her hair was now a dark caramel colour instead of rich amber. She started to get lost in it; wondering how, until Elli walked back in looking scrumptious, Talon and Rodger wolf whistled.

 "Eat you heart out Carden!" Talon cried giving her a careful hug. Rodger primped Elli a little more as Talon disappeared to slide her dress on.

Elli smiled as Talon emerged; light molasses hair fell over her face and shoulders in soft waves, then it was somehow beaded together with pearls down past her bottom. Her blue eyes looked huge surrounded by Rodgers masterpiece of eyeliner and shadows. Her body was amazing, slim and well toned; she caught sight of stomach muscles at the base of the neckline split.

"Talon, Charlene is going to scratch your eyes out if Channing looks at you, and he will be, believe me... But I have one question," said Elli glancing at Rodger a little embarrassed, "how do you get them to stay there? Aren't you worried they'll fall out?" pointing to Talon's chest.

"There's nothing there to fall out El." Talon rolled her eyes, a slight blush staining her cheeks.

Rodger giggled, "But in case the dress slipped, its double-sided tape darling."

"Not that Rodger put it there of course," added Talon with a wink.

"Not that it would worry me if I did." Rodger countered.

"I'm not sure they would worry anyone, Rodge," Talon chuckled.

"Oh okay," Elli didn't know where to look.

Talon laughed, jiggling around to show her that there was no movement there and nothing would be making an appearance tonight.

"Oh Elli, here you are." Talon passed her an ID showing her age at 21.

"Photo op—", giggled Rodger, the two girl put a hand around each other waist and inclined their heads together, smiling.

"My work is done; do you have anything to eat Tal?"

"Sure Rodge, help yourself," she gestured toward the kitchen.

 "Where's your parents Tal?" Elli asked looking around suddenly noticing.

"They are away working. They're scientists you see. Always somewhere else."

"Wow that must be cool, living by yourself!" exclaimed Elli, wishing her parents would let her out of the nest. After all she was almost equipped to handle herself.

"Can I move in?" She half joked.

"Sure! But first let's get through tonight. I'll go call a cab; I don't like to leave my car there." Talon chuckled walking toward the lounge room.

'I'll escort you there in my automobile, if you like? Would love to see a good cat fight," mumbled Rodger, just finishing off some vegetable casserole. "Hmm, Talon that was good."