Chapter 23 - She looked out of the window without seeing

A/N - a bit of a shortie :) please comment and vote if you are enjoying this

Talon The Change

Copyright 2013 © All Right Reserved

 Edited By: LadyDawn

       Chapter 23 - Looking without seeing

Talon was revived; it was better than she remembered.

She had played, hunted and ran with the wolves for a week. She had spent a longer time than she anticipated, but it was very worth it.

They accepted her just as she was, even when she opened her mouth of diamond teeth in play or to hunt, they accepted.

They didn't care she wasn't sparkly white or that she was small.

She lived in their social order, rumbled with the pups and felt almost free.

 Something was off kilt inside her still, but only slightly—she felt a need to go back home.

Even though she was in wolf form, in this short a period her mind was still hers.

It was one way in which they differed from werewolves and shifters. The wolf inside them wasn't another entity, something that possessed a savage nature and voice than her own; the wolf was part of her, part of her nature. A part that could take over the human part.

Her wolf wasn't savage, or aloof, it was her. She used to wonder if that's why her Mother shunned her, because she wasn't callous and hard. She had tried when she was little to please her mother, but it never worked, her Mother always found something at fault in her.

She end up giving up and spending most of her time with the Brother's in training or the domestic animals in the compound.

 Shifters didn't experience their first shift until they were eighteen, Ice Slayers could shift in the womb.

Talon remembered only shifting when she was alone, because of her dark hair. Her mother sneered at her calling her demeaning names, her father would look at her sorrowfully before turning his back on her.

Other slayer children would tease her and shove her if they caught her. The one time she fought back her mother beat her for laying a hand on them. Her mother hated her for some reason.

When Talon looked back on her childhood with older eyes she realised that her mother made sure she was well but... never bonded with her like the other children, that something about Talon made her nervous.

When the other Ice Slayers were... gone, Talon sometimes lived in her wolf form for years on end and that side of her nature would become somewhat dominate, human life had just seemed so... hard.

So complex.

In the years gone when she had spent years as a wolf she had taken a little while to adjust to human life and thought process when she had finally reverted.

Nothing called to her like before; she had something to go back to now.

She decided she'd go home today. She had realised though, that she had known the answers to the wild wolf side when she amalgamated into their pack.

To Talon it had been really more a drive to be accepted, to feel free... to just live without complications.

She had one last wrestle with the young pups then they all loped with her to the fringe of their territory then howled their farewells as she headed toward her stashed bag.

            Shifting in to her human form, she again stood naked letting the air refresh her. This time a grin appeared on her face, she was actually excited to be heading home.

In the pack she had noticed again the family and friendships that the wolves had with each other. She decided that because of Carden and Elli's relationship that she'd be friends with Channing and expect nothing more.

Trying not to want more was going to be the hard thing.

Puberty had seemed to grind to a halt in her wolf form. She decided that every time she began to spiral out of control she'd come back here and change. Talon rolled her eyes, every second say then, she thought.

She chuckled as she put on her clothes. She trotted down the trail with a bounce in her step. At the bus stop she received a few odd looks, but she didn't think much about it. Paying her fare she chose a vacant seat next to the window. She looked out of the window without seeing, thinking of her unknown heritage.

Sending a wish to the universe that one day someone would answer her questions.