Chapter 40 - Burning ring of fire

Talon burst out laughing, "That's so funny, did you just sing along to Burning Ring of Fire?"

Channing just stared blankly at her.

She smirked and turned left into a car park.

Channing looked around, "this is where we are going?" He sounded skeptical, making Talon smile inwardly this ws going to be so fun.

"Sure is demon spawn let's go." She winked at him.

As they walked toward the entrance, Talon did crazy little steps and jumps. Channing smiled at her and went to grab her hand. She loved the feel of her hand in his.

       "You know, I'm kind of excited about showing you ...the thing later," she jumped around him like a monkey on speed.

       He stopped frowning down at her, pulling her around to face him. "Aren't you showing me now?"

Talon schooled her face into puppy dog eyes, his heart faltered for a second as she looked up at him under long black lashes, "no I just felt like coming here first, is that okay?"

He groaned, knowing that whatever she wanted was going to be okay. He rolled his eyes and started toward the entrance again.

"Yay! I love the zoo" she cried springing around him again. "Do you?"

"No."

**

"Where to first?" he asked her.

She bit her lip, and then he watched a smile blossom on those luscious lips that he wasn't sure he totally felt comfortable with. "Hmm...I think we might be in time for the seal show."

She went off running; he sighed and chased after her catching her around the waist and lifting her up on to his shoulders. He could feel her excitement by the heat pouring off her in waves around his neck. He wondered whether he should go ahead with James' insane plan... this right here, right now was what he wanted, wasn't it? The freedom to physically touch her and spend time with her, what was pulling away from her going to prove? If it went bad, he knew without doubt that he would kill James... extremely slowly and with the utmost pain inflicted, but then if he killed him what would that do for his chances with her? He would have to talk to the...boy... about this plan. It was too confusing for him.

"Stop kicking you little terror" he caught her swinging legs and held them against his chest. She just giggled and leant down on his head, "let's sit right at the front" she laughed her smile infectious.

Looking for a free spot he headed toward it and then let her slip off his shoulders down his back.

The seal show started soon after, Talon was jumping her legs up and down either in excitement or impatience, he didn't know, but sometimes throughout the show she giggled and bit her lip.

Channing watched the seal show, though half of his attention was always on Talon, so as he watched the show he wasn't totally sure that when a seal leapt out of the water and started lumbering toward him whether it was indeed part of the show.

The seal shuffled right up to him, he could smell the fishiness of its breath even before it reared up and placed its heavy flippers on his legs. He sat there stock still, fighting every primal urge in his body that wanted to rip the stinky thing apart. Talon's mad giggles distracted him and when he risked a glance at her face, the seal pressed its wet, slimy whiskers and mouth to his cheek. He leant back away from it and was about to raise his arms and push it off when it slid down, and waited in front of Talon, who proceeded to lean down and hug the damn thing.

And obviously, it was a show malfunction as the trainer was running over constantly blowing the whistle. The seal barked loudly, making him blink and get ready to kill the thing if it went to harm Talon but it turned and slid back in to the pool.