Chapter 26 - A strong pulse had sprung up and it wasn't in her neck

Talon The Change

Copyright 2013 © All Right Reserved

Edited By: LadyDawn

Chapter 26 – A strong pulse had sprung up and it wasn't in her neck

"I'll drive, Talon."

 "Why don't' we...-"

Channing's cold look silenced Carden.

 "Maybe you guys will want to do something different after," Carden finished lamely. Talon rolled her eyes. Channing was such a big bully. Talon grabbed a jumper and her bag, whacking Channing across the back with it she walked out to her car. She felt him behind her after a second.

 "So what have you got planned for later?" She asked her hand flying to her mouth as she realized what that sounded like.

 "Whatever you were thinking about just then." He grinned. She felt her cheeks heat even more.

 "We can skip the movie and stay right here if you want to?" he waggled his eyebrows, teasing her.

 "So why the change of schools?" she asked obviously trying to get away from that topic. The topic that battered down her walls when she wasn't ready for its thundering, all consuming charge. The topic that had her feet cramping and her body reacting of its own accord. The topic that she wished deep down... would happen. The topic that couldn't happen... could it?

 Channing was quiet for a moment as they slipped into her car. Talon watched his mouth open and close a couple of times before he took a deep breath. His sensual lips sticking to each other as he pressed them together. He was so hard looking, again she felt the desire to trail her finger down that puckered scar.

 "Don't take this the wrong way... but I seem to feel that..." he was obviously finding this hard, "I need to... I'm not sure... know where you are? It makes me feel uncomfortable when... when you..." his voice trailed off he closed his eyes and turned away from her, his fist clenched his sides.

 Talon was surprised, was he going to say when they were apart? Did he feel that pull as well? Ice fangs what did that mean?

 "When I?" she prompted, she had to know. If he felt it... maybe all this stuff that was happening to her was a human thing and she could relax.

Channing glanced at her to see if she was being serious. How could he tell her what he really felt? She'd freak out and do the bolt. He felt like doing the bolt from himself. He'd have to tread carefully here. His heart hammered. He was no good at this. The feelings seemed to overwhelm him in their intensity.

 "When you... are some place... where I wouldn't be able to get to you if there was trouble. I just feel better when I know where you are, even more so when I'm near you."

 He was studying her again to see how she was taking it. She looked thoughtful; at least she wasn't angry, or ready to throw herself out of the car. Then a look passed over her face that wasn't comfortable, wasn't angry, but if he had to pin it he would say... lost.

 "I know this must be weird hearing this, but... if it makes you feel any better, it's freaking me out too." Black Blood, why did he even bother to speak. He just kept wrecking things.

 Talon looked up sharply, fixing him with those beautiful eyes of hers.

 "Freaking you out?" she repeated.

 Channing concentrated on driving for a moment, made a turn past the Church, and then took another deep breath and releasing it saying. "I don't give shit what people think, I don't talk if I don't want to. I fight if anyone gives me crap. I have women if and when I feel like it.  I've never been concerned about another person's welfare, but my own... and maybe... Carden's. I have never felt the need to be near a woman more than physically or something crazy like worry about one's welfare..." he looked into her glorious electric blue eyes  "...until you."