Chapter 32 - Black slime oozed from the ceiling

A/N - just a bit of a filler.....  :)

 Talon cast her mind around bored. She encountered a mind different to anything ever before. This mind was deep and the owner was unaware of her presence. She found herself riding a tiny boat through the minds dark underwater river.

 Darkness surrounded her; she looked around but there was nothing.

She noticed shapes in the water, peering over the side she made out distorted things lurking under the oily surface, sometimes their clawed hands would stretch up to try and pull her in, making the boat rock. Talon jerked back into the boat and got ready to leave. It was then that she spotted a tiny spot of light ahead. Other than this little light she was engulfed in darkness. As the boat drifted closer the light moved trying to elude her.

The minds disappointment was tangible.

 Its sole purpose was the light; Talon could not explain the depth of desire and need that the mind had for that light.

It loved this light.

Nothing had ever given it light before and this tiny glow was changing the mind and its body. It didn't understand what was happening but it knew that it needed to happen.

It needed to possess that light.

Talon felt sorrow for whoever's mind it was.

It was in a similar situation hers.

She squinted into the engulfing blackness more carefully. Although this mind was very strong, it was in confusion and its frustration infused Talon's body. She tried to build a shield against it: for practice.

But it wasn't working to well she felt the overwhelming urge to throw something or to grab one of those things lurking in the water and throttle it.

 As the boat moved along she saw that there were thick heavy set door on the walls by the river. The doors were all matte black and heavily chained. Black slime like smoke oozed from the ceiling and down the walls.

 As she continued she saw that there was something small up ahead resting on a small column. She strained to see it and was surprised to see that it was an ice cream. She shook her head...whoever this was, was seriously weird...time to get out. As she took one last look around, the blackness felt too heavy.

 Suffocating.

 She thought she would give the owner a thought of encouragement.

The light suddenly zoomed closer. To her amazement the light was a tiny doll, in ripped and bloodstained clothes. The most incredible thing though was that it was a perfect miniature of her. She withdrew very hastily.

            Whoa who the hell was that?  

She thought could the guys have been right?

 Could that have been Trey? Talon gasped.

 Was Trey really that dark? The only person she knew that could have contained that amount of emotional darkness was Channing, but it could not have been him. 

**

                       Channing woke up with a start; he had been asleep in the mountains having shifted after leaving Talon's to pound off his irritation. He had felt a soft caress in his mind. It had to have been her, he was sure....but how? Maybe she wasn't joking about talking about communicating with dogs. His body had instantly felt more relaxed and happier like when he was near her.

He stretched and started toward home, no his house he thought. Talon's had become home.

He hoped that Talon would have forgot their little disagreement and be happy to see him in the morning. James would think he was crazy when he would have to tell him why Talon was annoyed this time.

Yeah James this time I wrecked her table and laid down the law

 Just before he reached his house he changed quickly; donning his hidden clothes. As he opened the door he groaned. Channing had no experience at communicating to girls or coaxing them to view his point. He had fully expected Talon to agree not to see Trey or any other guy. He didn't understand why she hadn't listened to him or why she had gotten upset.

Girls he thought as his head hit the pillow.