Chapter 44 - a willing change

Edited By Taz

Chapter   (54-55)

  "Ugh! Men!?" groaned Elli as they walked into the mall.

"I know. Who needs the bastards right?" Talon's voice bit through the busy atmosphere.  

Elli raised her eyebrows at Talon's unusual use of profanity. "You've changed a bit you know?"

 "I know..." Talon grumped.

 Then with a sigh forced a smile on her face. "just a teeny bit. But I'm okay. You know what I think we need?"

"New men?' Elli hinted, not really meaning it in her case, though if she could interest Channing -mmm mmm- then it might be a little bit true.

 "I don't have an old man... well not like that."

"We need haircuts".  

Elli giggled, taking in Talon's silky hair swaying in plaits past her bottom. "Really? How short?"

 "Bald." Talon gave her bland look.  "No, I'd never get a dance job, I'd like to though, just something less to worry about. But in reality... just past my shoulder blades."

"Anyway, I need something different."

"I look like a little girl...I wear these plaits so much I might as well be called Heidi or worse Pippi. Let's go shopping first, then get our new look"        

**

  "Take a seat girls, I'll call you when the wash basins are free. It won't be too long." The hairdresser indicated the waiting sofas nestled between tables piled high with hair styling magazines.

    "Gosh. I don't know what I want to get done." Elli sighed, picking up a well worn magazine. "I wonder what Car would like." Or Channing? Stop it Elli you're with Carden  she mentally scolded herself, what was with her  lately always having her thoughts slide toward him or putting in little moans at his name?     

   "Don't do it for Carden. Do it for yourself. Who cares what men think?"

  "Hey, what was going on in the kitchen before we left?"

"Looked pretty intense?" Talon stared at her with interest.

"Promise you won't freak out?' Elli put both hands on her book and leaning forward. "Oh.' Suddenly Talon's face took on a remote, haunted look.  "Trey."  She watched Talon jerk in surprise.

"Trey?' she repeated. "What about him?"

"Ummm, well I... said to Carden that maybe...maybe he'd be better for you. He seemed to like you and all."  It was Elli's turn to be surprised, instead of the explosion she expected; Talon burst out laughing.

"El, you don't even know him. You're so funny." Talon grabbed the top most magazine and started to flip through it, still chuckling.

 "But he seemed nice and he obviously liked you." She pressed.  And if you're with Trey...Stop it Elli!

 "He likes, likes me?" To Elli, Talon sounded a bit amused like it was some far fetched notion.  "Yeah. he looked like you were his favorite bikini model who had just jumped off his wall into his bed...in the flesh."

 Talon chuckled. "El I love you!"

"You have the best imagination!"  

"Or...or..." asked Talon in a teasing tone,"is it YOU that has a little thing for Trey?' Talon waggled her eyebrows at her.  It's not Trey I have a little thing for  Ellli  thought traitorously.