Chapter 46 - Confession

(59/60/61)

Channing was lying on his bed, freshly washed for once and trying to get into watching 'Dirty Dancing'. He didn't really understand the whole relationship thing in movies or life; he just understood that deep down he didn't feel right. He never had, ever in his life felt right, until Talon.

The last few days had been... a constant fight for him. James had no idea just how close he had come to death, how close many in his vicinity had come to their demise and some... well they hadn't come close because unfortunately for them, he had lost his control. It didn't worry him as he thought it probably should, that in itself was an interesting development. He had never thought that he should be worried before.

He focused again on the movie, studying the dance moves... just in case... they might help his cause with Talon in the future... the near future.

Suddenly his stomach flip flopped and went calm, losing some of that acid and pain. He bit his lip as his heart beat faster. His face split into a wolfish grin as the doorbell rang. James was right... but was his advice? Channing thought that he'd been right so far so he would keep going with it, against his deep seated instinct, since he really had no idea.

Mastering his emotions he called flatly, "I'm not home."

He heard the door handle turn and the door being slowly, cautiously pushed open. A soft click announced it closed. He schooled his face as the soft footfalls came hesitantly toward his open bedroom door. He could smell her heavenly scent causing him to jam everything up internally.

**

       Talon swallowed as she saw jean clad legs crossed over the end of a King size bed. Her gaze followed them up until they reached a shirtless navel, snuggled in the valley between mounds of tanned muscle. Her face felt like a furnace as she took in the powerful torso and huge arms tucked behind his head. She was hoping the drool didn't pour out of her mouth like a waterfall. He looked good. Good? Sexy, hot, dangerous, and... not worried.

Not sick.

Not hurting.

Not affected by being away from her.

He hadn't missed her.

Carden was wrong.

She was wrong.

       Talon nervously licked her lips; he didn't even turn toward her.  

       "Umm, excuse me?" she tried not to sound angry or desperate or in pain.

       Those striking blue eyes narrowed, sparing a glance in her direction, then focused back on the television.

       "Hello?" She put her hands on her hips.

Nothing! No response.

Anger swelled up in Talon, her hands tingled and the arms quivered as she clenched her fists.

       "How the hell is your form? You arse-hole! You bloody god damn moron! What the hell have you done to me? Tell me!" Suddenly, she was pulling his legs off the bed like a tornado on speed.

Finally! He took notice. Fierce satisfaction flooded her system. It only took his butt getting dumped on to the floor.  More pleasure enveloped her when she realized he actually looked surprised.

       "I haven't done anything," he drawled. He sat still on the floor looking still, decidedly bored.

       "Don't lie! Yes. You. have. Stand up and face me like a man.' She screamed, losing the vestiges of her control.