chp 5 - burning skin

Talon The Change

Copyright 2013 © All Right Reserved

Edited By: LadyDawn

Chapter 5 Burning Skin

(Talon)

The umpire blew his whistle, and started checking with the people on timing duty. The clock was set as both teams wandered in to set up for the jump ball.

"Haven't you seen a girl before?" Jam sneered, as the Norsemen all stared at Talon.

Talon grabbed her singlet pulling it down over her stomach self consciously. The atmosphere here was very off centre. The hall seemed to be filled with a thick hazy scent, like you'd encounter at a nightclub. To Talon it felt like swimming in... she flicked her tongue out... chocolate?

And the quality of chocolate to make you sigh.

The girls in the crowd were secreting hormones by the tonne and it seemed to be confusing and over exciting the guys. She gave the Norsemen players a shy smile and waved her hand a little, "Hi, I'm Talon. And yup, I'm a girl. Players were sick, sooo..." she trailed off shrugging.

All but the two new players greeted her, some holding her hand a little too long after shaking it, and one going a little red scuffing his sneakers on the polished wooden floor, but apart from those incidences the players mostly treated her with no discernible difference.

Then Number 3 indicated to himself with a flourish "I'm Carden. I'm now extremely glad I bothered to turn up. Aren't you a little cutie?" He said leaning intimately toward her. He smelt good; musk mixed with freshly cut cedar wood. It tickled Talon's nose, but unfortunately it didn't overpower the amount of testosterone in the air which was probably in response to the liberal amounts of estrogen.

Hayden was obviously not amused. "That's enough." He growled protectively.

As Carden slowly turned his arrogant eyes toward Hayden, Talon realised his eyes were a brown burgundy colour.

"Ah... a challenge. This game gets more interesting by the second. First, such a scintillating home crowd and then an adorable little girl to play with. I'm betting by your besotted look that you dream about her every night. Naw, so cute." Carden smirked at him, titling head on the side clearly enjoying trying to cause strife amongst the ranks.

 Coach would love him on our team, Talon rolled her eyes.

"He doesn't have to dream," Talon lied.

Hayden ruined it by blushing tomato red. Carden chuckled almost covering the soft hiss of breath from  Blue eyes. Carden gave him a sideways glance that was meant to mean something, but blue eyes seemed too immersed in her to notice. He was a... a what? She was about to say Alpha, but these guys were both human. That thought perplexed her so much she shoved it out.

Hard. Humans could be dangerous, she knew that. Had experienced it. There used to be a tiny, tiny part of her that she had had to fight down at times, fight to actually aquaint with them. A part that disliked their ways.

But that part had almost faded, who else could she hang around with? Maybe that part was resurfacing.

She recovered quickly though as she felt eyes on her and presented Carden with a cheeky look and raising her eyebrow. Carden huffed as he gave blue eyes a punch in the stomach. "Wake up! Channing."

 "Now who's dreamin." smiled Hayden, pushing a stray hair behind Talon's ear, before he moved into position to jump against Carden. Talon almost wished he hadn't, it seemed that this Channing guy wasn't at all impressed by his implication that what she had said was true. He seemed to ignite with confrontation. His eyes were glowing with it and his lips pressed together, his powerful muscles seemed to quiver in anticipation, which, Talon had to admit was a mite impressive. He flicked a condescending look at Hayden then with eyes intent on hers, devouring her, stretched and flexed his muscles, grinning a flash of white as she drew her tongue across her suddenly dry lips.