Chp 9 - grumpy and restless

From the night of the basketball match and all through the following week Talon slept very uneasily, having very disturbing dreams involving a certain dark-maned male. It didn't help that Elli gushed on about Carden and how hot she thought he was and what he said on the phone the night before, every lunch either. It made it impossible for her not to her straight away picture Channing, surrounded by shadows with blue eyes smoldering or the skin on her waist tingle with remembered excitement.

While Elli was doodling Carden's name in her books, Talon would look down with surprise to see Channing's eyes, face or body parts rendered on her pages. Even now she felt a strange longing to run her fingers through that midnight hair. By the end of the week, Talon was grumpy and restless. Her mind would wander off on its own accord become distracted by absolutely nothing and remember absolutely nothing. It was like he was almost always lurking in the shallow recesses of her mind. Her skin was also annoying her with its itchiness, her feet felt hot and cramped in her shoes and her hair felt heavy.

"Hello, Talon. It wasn't funny." Summer seethed

Talon glanced around the table to see everyone gazing at her. "Oh no I....well. I know....I, errrr, just can't believe it would happen to you of all people." She fumbled

Thankfully she had guessed right, "You are so right", Summer shook her head, blonde curls bouncing vehemently," to me, off all people. See Talon understands."

Talon didn't hear the rest her mind juggled between those eyes set in that chiseled blood stained face and the eyes of Channing. That Viking would have been so much hotter with blue eyes.

If she hadn't left would he have hurt her?

What would have happened then?

She bit at her fingernails.

After school on Friday Talon gave Elli a ride home. "Are you sure you don't want to come tomorrow Tal? It will be so fun."

"I've got to dance and I don't want you guys hanging around waiting for me or anything.....plus" she bobbed her eyebrow up and down," you might want to be alone."

"You know, Carden talked about Channing last night." Talon's stomach clenched at his name, she was dying to know but didn't take the bait. She just shrugged thanking God no one had seen her drawings. "What you guys had a conversation lull?"

Elli smiled knowingly," no silly, Carden said that he was different this week."

"Different this week? So what did he do....go to church, work for a charity, cook for the homeless?" she tried to keep her voice nonchalant.

"Well, Car, said that Channing can be a real-"

"-El, ...well, I don't know. Channing," she tried not to show how just saying his name aloud made her feel," made me feel weird." She hoped Elli wouldn't be able to hear her heart pounding a little faster.

"What like scared? I wouldn't blame you!" Elli's eyebrows rose as she turned trying to gauge Talons reaction.

"No...not scared, I don't know how to describe it. Like... in one part I was readying myself for something. And the stupid thing is I didn't even know what. And the other..." Talon was frustrated she couldn't work out how she felt, let alone explain it to someone else. She especially didn't want to admit to the desiring part or wanting to have feminine curves.

"Like readying for a double date?" teased Elli.

Talon just playfully nudged her, "nope not that." She laughed, "but you had better tell me everything after your date Okay?'