Chapter 1: Moving On

Disclaimer: I do not own the show or any of the characters, bc if I did they would not be in middle school, and it would not on disney channel, where they won't even show a kiss bt 75% of the viewers' favorite ship!

Maya's POV
I was at Riley's Tuesday night, spending the night. Ok, yeah, it was a school night, but Mr. and Mrs. Matthews know we're best friends, almost like sisters (some people say "it's not healthy", but what do they know?) and I'm usually home alone at night, anyways.

Anyway, I was sitting in the bay window seat, painting my nails, while Riley was brushing her long, brown hair, when she suddenly looked up.

"Hey, Maya?"

"Yeah?" I looked up from my nail to pay attention to my best friend's probably-ridiculous-to-me-but-the-most-important-thing-in-the-world-to-her problems. It was most likely something about how green Huckleberry's eyes are.

But then, she said the last thing I thought would ever come out of her mouth:
"I don't like Lucas anymore."

I literally dropped my black nail polish, causing it to pour out on her colorful carpet. I was awakened out of my state of shock only when she screeched,"MAYA! That's my favorite rug!"

"Sorry Riles, I just...wow. It's just, three days ago, he hugged you, and you just about fainted. And now you're just...over him. Why?"

Riley stood and leaned her against the wall.

"I don't think I ever really liked him. I think I just liked the idea of being with...Mr. Perfect.

"I guess I get that." I say, nodding my head.

"So, if you wanna go out with him, I'd be fine with that."

I burst out laughing. "Wait you-"I could not stop laughing! "I mean-" Seriously, someone help me!!! "You think I would even consider going out with... Ranger Rick!?!" I said, after I calmed down a bit.

"Well..." She says, dragging out the word.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing, Maya. Nothing." She laughed and shook her head as she walked out.

"Ooh, Riley Matthews, you better get your ass back in here and tell me what you meant!" I say as I race after her.

£

As we sat down in the kitchen, we saw a note:

"Dropped Auggie off at Dewey's, at Anniversary date. Be back in a few hours. NO BOYS!
                                     - Dad"

"So if you don't like Lucas anymore..."

"Where is this going, Maya?"

"...Then who do you like?"

"Yep, I was afraid of that."

"So..."

"Maya, I don't know if I should tell you yet."

"What? But we're best friends. Ring power?" I say, quietly.

"RING POWER!" She immediately screamed back.

"No! I don't feel like it!" I said, sadly, giving her puppy dog eyes.

"Oh, not the eyes." She said as I continued the pitiful face.

"Fine!" She finally yelled, throwing her hands in the air. "I'll give you a hint."

"Yes!" I say in victory.

"There's two of them. And they couldn't be more different."

"Well, now you know how Farkle must feel." I pointed out.

"Yeah... Farkle." She says as she smiles and bites her lip.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!"

"No. It was definantly...something." I say as I stand up and look at her face closely. I pull back as I gasp.

"You like Farkle!"

"No I don't!" She denied quickly.

"Yeah ya do. I can see it."

She clamped her mouth shut and her face turned purple as she vibrated. I took a step back from her as she shook for the next few minutes. Until she exploded," Fine! I like Farkle!" She screamed, breathing heavily.

"How ya doin honey?"

"Not so good, peaches."

I can see that, I thought, but I just smiled at her.

"Ok, so who's the other one?"

"I might as well tell ya, huh?"

"Yeah, probably. I'm not gonna let it go, either way."

"It's Brandon."

"Who?" I have never heard of this kid in my life.

She sighed in annoyance. "The Rebel."

"Oh." I said as realization struck me. She nodded. "Well, you're right." I said as she looks at me in confusion.

"They couldn't be possibly more different."

A/N
Hey anyone who's reading this, thank you! This story is kinda long so I wanna update at least 3 times a week.