Ch. 31

*Five years later*

Today, it's my 23rd birthday. Zayn is 24.

One Direction has unfortunately ended up, but things between each boy were still really good. They're still the five bestest friends on earth.

I lost my best friend, Isabella, two years ago. She moved in America, so we kind of lost contact. She's not with Harry anymore, but don't worry. He found a new girl, Wendy, and they seem to be really in love. I found a new friend, that in fact, is my best friend, Eleanor. She's Louis' girlfriend.

Things were going really well for me and Zayn, we both finished school, I decided to become a doctor and Zayn is an english teacher. We both reached our dreams, and I'm really proud of that.

No, we're not married. We're still in love, more than ever. We tried to have a baby for two years, it didn't work.

It killed me when I learnt that I was infertile. But yeah, life goes on. We're still trying to have a kid, but with no positive result. Too bad.

Oh, yeah. It's my birthday, today. Zayn has prepared a little something today. Well, I guess so. Because the last two weeks, he hasn't been subtle at all. He brings me to the restaurant tonight.

*****

I entered in the restaurant and saw about 50 people ; my family, his family, my friends and his, my childhood friends, even Isabella came.

"Oh my god, Zayn, I love you so much! Thank you so much!"

He kissed me on the cheek and I thanked everyone. Zayn stood up and knocked on his glass with his fork.

"Thank you everyone for coming here today. Today is a big day, for two reasons. Firstly, it's Madeline's 23rd birthday. Secondly..." He reached my side of the table and bent down on his knees. "Madeline Thompson, I love you more than anything. I would love to have kids with you more than anything, but unfortunately, nature couldn't give us the right to. I want to deepen this love, so we could get married. Madeline Thompson, will you be my wife and make me the happiest man on earth?"

I started to cry happy tears. "Yes, yes I do." He stood up and took me in his arms. Everyone in the restaurant applaused us. "I love you so much Zayn!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four chapters left... :(

This story will be ending at chapter 35, I can't wait until the end of this fanfic! You'll be really surprised!

I love you all so much, and oh my god, thank you for 5K reads, y'all so amazing!

BTW, follow me for a follow back? :) x

- Isabelle <3