Chapter 14

"He did what?"

"He made that Candor transfer dangle over the Chasm for like, five minutes."

"Why?" Shauna asks in complete disbelief, dropping her fork and abandoning her dinner.

"Apparently she'd gotten the shit beat out of her in training and conceded." Lauren shrugs. "I saw them pull her back over when I had to take a Dauntless-born to the infirmary."

"He shouldn't be allowed to do that." Zeke growls, glaring at nothing and stabbing his food with his fork. 

"He can't!" Shauna exclaims. "It's got to be against some rule!"

"Well he's a damn leader. He can get away with whatever-the-hell he wants." I drop my fork and stand up to trash my food. "See you guys later."

They talk to each other about the 'incident' as I leave. I'm pissed at Eric for what he did to Christina. Like he didn't wimp out of a fight against me when we were training as initiates.

I roll my eyes as I walk back to my apartment. Eric is even more of a coward than I am, and I came to Dauntless to escape my father. I'm hoping that I don't have to pair Tris with Peter, Molly, or Drew tomorrow. Those three- and Eric- would pounce on the tiniest weakness, and wouldn't stop hitting until she's either dead or close to it.