Chapter 1

Disclaimer: Veronica Roth owns everything! I just messed with the story and put it in Four's POV.

"Yo Four! Wake up!" This is the sound I wake up to. Zeke pounding on my apartment door and shouting for me. How wonderful.

I stifle a groan and roll out of bed. Of course. Today's the day of the Choosing Ceremony. That means that in a few hours, Lauren and I get to train more Dauntless initiates. I get to watch kids beat each other up for about a month. Joy.

"Oh shit." I mutter, looking at the clock. I've got literally a half an hour to get ready and get down to breakfast. I hurry up and take a ten minute shower- the fastest I've ever done- and just throw on plain black jeans, a black T-shirt, and my black boots. Thank God I have no work in the control room today. Harrison would kill me.

Getting dressed takes me all of five minutes, so that means that I took just under fifteen minutes to get ready. "Damn, new record." Zeke grins. "And here I thought that you're getting slow in your old age." I laugh and swing at him. He blocks it easily.

"So, is your brother gonna stay in Dauntless?" I ask him as we start towards the Pit.

"Duh. So're Lynn and Marlene. Not that Lynn has a choice. Shauna would skin her alive."

"Isn't she Shauna's sister?"

"Yeah. And then there's Marlene..."

"Uriah's girlfriend?" I guess.

"Eh." He shrugs. "Not officially. They've never really kissed and it's not official. He's brave enough to go ziplining, but not to ask a girl out."

"Well look who's talking." I remark, nudging him. "You and Shauna aren't official yet." I grin.

"That's it, Four!" He shouts before chasing me the rest of the way to the Pit.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"You ready, Four?" Lauren asks me on the platform.

I shrug. "Yeah. Dibs on first jumper." She rolls her eyes at me. "What? You get 'em last year."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." We shut up, hearing the train. There are several people standing at the top of the building. The initiates. They seem nervous. There's a cry from up there, and I shoot Lauren a look. She shrugs. "Someone died?" she guesses.

We both shake our heads. I hear a few shouts of surprise, and we both look up. There's a blur of blonde hair and gray clothes, and the net bounces a little under their weight. I stretch my hand out, waiting to help the girl off of the net.