1.26

"You don't hate him. You're just jealous."

"I'm not even dressed appropriately for this!" Camille exclaimed, including her hand gestures.

"It's alright. Come on." Martijn urged her to go forward, putting a hand on her lower back.

When they arrived, Camille started worrying about her outfit which consisted of high waisted shorts, a loose white shirt-half of it, which was the front, had been tucked in-and white high cut Converse. She looked like she was going to a music festival.

"Hi, sir. What can I do for the both of you today?" The man standing in front of the desk asked.

"Table for two please." Martijn said politely.

"Sure. Come along." He gestured for them to follow him, giving them seats and a table for two. He handed them two menus and got a notepad from his pocket. "What would you like to order?"

"Are these all Filipino food?" Martijn asked Camille-face scrunched up who was busily scanning her own menu, trying to figure out what she wanted. "Cam?"

"Yeah," She snapped out of it. "You were saying?"

"I was asking," Martin noted. "Are these all Filipino food?"

"Oh yeah. You chose this, remember?" She answered him.

"Yeah. Just so you'd like what we're going to eat." He chuckled.

"Such a gentleman." She put a hand to her heart, eyelashes fluttering before she turned to the waiter. "Could you come back later, please? I think it's gonna take us long to order."

"Of course, ma'am. Just call when you want to order." He said before politely leaving.

She turned to Martin. "Do you even know some of these?"

"Well I just know the things you taught me. Like," He scanned the menu. "Adobo?"

"Yeah," She nodded. "You tasted that before."

"But you're the one who cooked it," He argued. "It might taste different."

"Okay, but you should definitely try new stuff like Bicol Express (bee-kohl eks-pres) or Lechon Paksiw (leh-chon pak-seew)." She suggested.

"What's Bicol Express?" He questioned, having a slight difficulty in saying it.

"It's a vyand. You eat it with rice, if course. It's kinda spicy and has coconut milk, I think, as sauce. I don't really eat it that much but I guess we could try one." Explained Camille.

"Okay. Let's try that and...?"

"You know what? I'll just order whatever and you taste it, okay?" She asked.

He nodded. "Fine with me."

Raising her hand up in the air, she waved waiting to be noticed by a waiter. A brunette and brown eyed waiter saw her waving and quickly went to their table, asking what they wanted to eat.

"We'll like one Bicol Express, Sinigang, and Menudo with rice please." Cam ordered.

"And for the drinks?" The waiter-Marv, as it said on his name tag-asked.

"Just red iced tea for the both of us." Martin replied.

"Bottomless." Camille added.

"Of course," Marv nodded, writing it down on his yellow notepad. "Anything else?"

"No, thank you." Martin said, Marv leaving after.

The two sat silently, drinking their iced teas which was the first thing to be served. Buzzing was heard from the restaurant-people are conversing. Some while eating, some while waiting for their food to be served.