Chapter Thirty

Howdy :) So here it is, the last chapter of Omega whooooop! Except don’t think of it as the last cuz I’m also uploading an epilogue so make sure you read that one too. This is kinda a big moment for me – actually, typing THE END on the epilogue was every bit as amazing and awesome as those cheesy author speeches given at school assemblies (okay, not quite that amazing but pretty close) not to mention I’m done with school so that just makes the world sweet. So yeah, I want to give a HUGE thank you to all y’all for reading/voting/commenting/being awesome fans because it really means LOADS to me, I can’t even tell you how much. Thank you so much for your support these 2 years (if you have actually been with me through Delta’s 2 years, yay, otherwise just smile awkwardly and nod, I totally understand) andddd um enjoy the summer! Or winter I guess if you live in like Australia. I dunno. But yeah thank you and enjoy this final (but not so final!) chapter!!! I’ve loved writing for you guys! :D

Also - the song "Heaven Knows" by Five for Fighting is an amazingggg song that I'd probably pick to be in the end credits if this were ever made a movie! Wattpad wouldn't let me put a youtube video on the side for some strange reason....So give it a listen while you read :)

Graciasssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!! (that was not meant to say ass) <3 vb123321

Chapter Thirty

♦            Charlie         ♦

When I tried to open my eyes, there was nothing there. I couldn’t tell if it was because my eyes were stuck shut or because the world really was black, but as I fought to get to the surface I was held back, pressed firmly down into the dark. It swallowed me and swirled around my mind until I was slowly drowning in it, the black stamped against my eyelids. I was certain I was blind, that there was no escaping this dark pit.

At first I felt nothing, the black blocking out the world, but suddenly colors erupted across my vision for just a split second – although what was time in this vortex? A flash of pain accompanied them, so quick that I barely had time to register it, but it left a dull, burning red that refused to die away. The black was swirled with these colors now, splashing through my mind as I fought against them, and then a cool, soothing white swept over me and it was gone.

As I reveled in the calm that fell over my dizzy mind, I became aware of something soft and cool beneath me rubbing against my skin. One hand rested against something hard, the other somewhere in the space beyond; I was only aware of it because of a slight pressure. I was still unable to see, my eyelids pressed shut, but slowly my senses were returning: first touch, then the taste of something strange in my mouth that was then echoed in a smell, and then sound filtering through my ears.

“He’s waking up,” a voice said from miles and miles away.

I tried to turn in its direction – it was familiar, but I wasn’t quite sure how – my eyes still struggling to break through the white as I heard the voice say something that was too distant to understand. Finally the white broke through to a filmy grey, images slowly materializing in the mist, and I began to make out the outline of someone sitting to the side – the side of a bed that I was lying on. Raggedly-cut dark hair framed her face, the pressure on my hand increasing as my eyes opened wider.

“Hey, Charlie,” she said, her lips moving before her voice reached my ears through the clearing mist, and then I knew her. Something gave a mighty leap in my chest, my vision suddenly spinning a little as a rush of love and relief flooded over me. She was here, she was next to me, her beautiful eyes looking into mine – this had to be a dream, how could it be real, but when had my dreams last been like this?