Chapter Ten

Happy New Year!! So pleased I could update for you guys; sorry it took so long, I’ve been so busy, I had a 13-page history project due…okay, that’s a lie, I’ve been lazy and I haven’t even started the history project still haha. But let’s face it, it’s Christmas, it’s the time to be lazy. So yeah. Here’s chapter ten– weird how I started Delta in 2011 and now it’s 2013…hard to keep track, since I have to make sure they’re still in December 2011. Sorry, I’m rambling. So! Please – fan/vote/comment loads for a fast update, I’m SOOO happy with the reception I’ve gotten so far and Delta’s support is making me cry – BIG thanks! All right, bye!

Gracias! <3 vb123321

Chapter Ten

♣         Josh          ♣

I didn’t like it. I didn’t like it at all.

Joel Nicholson was barely fourteen years old – what the hell was I thinking, letting him on this trip? Astrid was kidding herself; anything involving Delta and G7 and possibly Pierre’s agency was not going to end well. I needed to talk to her, needed to find a way to talk to his aunt and uncle, needed to find a while out of all of this…wasn’t going after Jay enough for her? Did she have to drag along his little brother? She was definitely unprepared for any interaction between them; she hadn’t fooled me.

All this was running through my mind as Astrid began to drive again, even though we didn’t really have a destination in mind. Joel looked happy enough, piping up with a question regarding Delta every now and then, which I studiously ignored. I was tapping my fingers on the dashboard, receiving annoyed glances from Astrid, but my brain was too upset to comply. We needed to stop somewhere – we needed to get a plan.

“Let’s find a motel,” I said suddenly, breaking through one of Joel’s inquiries.

“We don’t exactly have an excessive budget right now,” Astrid reminded me with a frown. “That’s going to be a problem.”

A grin spread over my face; now was the one time I could win an argument with Astrid. I turned to Joel. “Hand me my backpack, please – it’s the dark blue one right there. Yeah, that one. Thank you.” Holding it in my lap, I dug around in the front small pocket until I found my extra wallet, extracting from it a silver credit card. “Look familiar?”

Astrid raised an eyebrow. “A Delta credit card? Isn’t that a little risky? I mean, they’ll be able to track everything we buy from it.”

I shook my head, pleased to be right for once. “Nope. I swiped its memory on the card and their computers – it’ll still pay our bills, but it won’t show up on their records as by us, simply by different agents every time. A bit here, a bit there. Doesn’t look suspicious in the slightest. They’ll never know.”

She stared at it for so long that I was forced to reach over and grab the wheel. Her eyes shot back to the road, but there was plenty of admiration in her voice. “You have got to be kidding me. No, I don’t even want to know how you did that.”

I do.” Joel looked at me with wide eyes. “Is it possible for me to do that to my uncle’s?”