Chapter Twenty-Two

Hello!!! Excited that I’m uploading again? I had a writing spree this weekend, wrote like three chapters, I’m so happy. It’s been ages since I’ve been able to do that. Well, just wanna say that this chapter officially begins the sequence to the end, as I’ve been calling it lol, so basically I think there’s like 7 chapters left. This is incredible cuz I never thought I’d even finish DELTA let alone its sequel. So thank you so much for continuing to support me and please keep it up because it’s soooo much incentive for me to write, you have no idea! It makes me so happy :) So please comment, tell me what you think, and vote and stuff.

Gracias! <3 vb123321

Chapter Twenty-Two

♣         Josh          ♣

It was so ridiculously typical, me sticking it out with the kid and then having to go and rescue their asses in the middle of London. I was so unsurprised when Astrid called that I began pulling on my jacket before I even said hello. Joel bombarded me with questions as I called him to follow me to the car, and I answered as completely as I could, seeing as I knew next to nothing.

Astrid had been almost incomprehensible on the phone, conflicting emotions in her voice, but I figured out that Pierre had lied, they had tried to get away in the car but crashed, something had happened to Charlie, and now they were waiting for us a safe distance away. The usual thing. Wondering why she was always a wreck when she was on the phone with me, I told her tolerantly that I’d meet them with Joel and we could go back to the hotel, to which she totally freaked out.

“No! Pierre knows where we are, at least I think he does, anyway, and I don’t think that the hotel is a safe option right now…”

“So we’re going to camp out in the car, then?” I asked in exasperation, before remembering that they had freaking crashed the only car we had. “Freaking – Astrid, have you forgotten I don’t have a car?”

“Go rent one” was her answer. “We need to get a move on.”

I groaned, thinking of the complications of renting a car: contracts and credit cards and the awkward disbelief that I was actually old enough to be renting it. “Don’t tell me you’ve got some crazy plan.”

And then she went and told me that she had decided we were going to locate the place where she had found Charlie and scope it out. Miraculously, her memory of how to get there had been restored, though I suspected it was more like she was texting a certain someone. Astrid didn’t realize how easily I read her; ain’t no way she was going to pull wool over my eyes.

But still I agreed, seeing as it would be pointless to argue with her over the phone, even though it was a little difficult to explain it all to Joel as we checked out of the hotel and lugged my backpack and Astrid’s and his duffel bag down the street. Joel listened thoughtfully as I Googled a car rental place and told him what was happening at the same time.

“So if we’re trying to get this Red list, and this Cloying guy has it –”

“Actually,” I cut in, sighing as it became my responsibility once again to educate, “your brother has it.”