Chapter Twenty-Seven

Hey! I’m so sorry I took longer getting this up, I meant to every day this week but kept forgetting! :o so today was my last day of school. Two days of exams and then I’m out for the summer!! And I only have a chapter and a half left to write of Omega! (no I haven’t been studying lol but whatever) so yeah please vote and comment and stuff, pleaseeee comment it means loads :) and have a great day/end of school/whatever! Love you guys! Sorry for the wait :/

Gracias!!! <3 vb123321

Chapter Twenty-Seven

♥         Astrid       ♥

I sat stooped over in the backseat with my face in my hands as the car began to move, barely registering the hushed words of the agents though I could feel their eyes on me. The sirens of the ambulance soon screamed their way into the distance, faster and much farther ahead than us, but I couldn’t see why they bothered. He was gone – I had seen the fatal shake of the head from the agent who took his pulse – they only wanted to arrest him anyway – why did they care?

The blood had already clotted in the graze on my arm, sticky against my skin. I barely felt it or the cold clink of the handcuffs at my wrists as we drove to some place I didn’t care about, some place I didn’t want to go to. It must have been about an hour’s drive, but I had lost all sense of time by the time the car rolled to a stop.

“Get her inside,” someone said. “Hold her somewhere.”

I still didn’t look up as the door next to me opened and an agent took me by the shoulders again. Only when he began to pull me out of the car did I raise my head to look blearily at the building in front of me. I caught only a glimpse of bricks before an agent tied a white piece of cloth over my eyes. The other man pulled my arms in back of me again, though I was handcuffed, and the barrel of his gun poked me in the small of my back as he growled, “Walk.”

“Am I really that dangerous?” I asked. “That you feel the need to blindfold me?”

The gun jabbed into my back in answer, and I moved forward compliantly. The whiteness of the blindfold was blinding, frustrating my eyes as I strained to see what was in front of me but failed. Closing my eyes instead because the black was more calming than the white, I was tugged and shoved by the agent behind me towards the building. I could tell we were inside when the wind was abruptly cut off and my hair fell into my face.

I moved through the building, guided by the gun at my back, and after I had gone down a flight of stairs and rounded enough turns to make me sufficiently confused, the agent at last told me to stop. Doing so, I stood still and listened for some clue of where I was, some noise that might tell me how to escape and get back to Charlie. The agent grabbed my arm again – I stifled a protest at the spurt of pain – and I was tugged several feet forward before halted once more.

The grip on my arm was released, but I couldn’t move my hands up to my eyes to remove the blindfold, so I worked my eyebrows in an attempt to get it off. Turning slightly at the sound of voices from behind me, I staggered backwards slightly as something collided with my head and someone said roughly, “Cut it out.”

“Do it,” said another voice, lower and harsher, and I tried to look in its direction. The agent who had spoken first took me by the shoulders again, pushing me forward and down, my stomach flipping slightly with panic as my body involuntarily went horizontal. My back fell against something hard, shoulders and head soon following as the agent pressed me onto what felt like a long board.