Chapter 17

*Beaus POV*

Katie still hasn't woken up, the doctor told me she died 4 times in theatre but they managed to resuscitate her. She's pale and cold, I miss the old Katie. The one who made everyone smile and laugh.

"Beau brooks?"

"Oh um yeah?"

"You're mums here"

Before I could answer the nurse my mum ran towards me and hugged me. I could tell she had been crying, none of us had cried in a while as we've been here so long.

I Lead mum into Katies enclosed room where Jai had brought a spare bed in so he could stay with her, she looked at her in disbelief.

"That's not my Katie" she said softly

I tried so hard not to let that get to me but it did, tears were in my eyes but I didn't want to cry it just made things worse for myself.

*Jais POV*

I've been in this hospital for what feels like forever, I just want her to wake up.

The nurses allowed me to take a spare bed into the room so I could stay with her, I've just been laying there watching the heart rate monitor and the machine that's helping my precious little sister breathe.

I know we're not blood, but there is something special about Katie. I love her so so much, not like I love Ariana but in a way I would if I had a little sister.

None of us have heard or spoken to Luke, I don't want to see his face for a while. I'm not finished kicking the shit out of him yet, but I just can't stand him at the moment.

The doctors said Katie is most likely to wake up soon, it's not 100% but hopefully she will.

James, Daniel, Skye and Beau have all left for the night, so it's just me, mum and Katie.

After a while mum thought it was best for her to leave too, she got up kissed both Katie and I on the forehead and slowly walked down the corridor.

It was basically just me and my thoughts, which isn't much company.

Did She actually want to die so badly?

Why didnt she just come and talk to me?

Was it actually Luke that pushed her over the edge?

My mind isn't a great place to be right now.

I turned my body around so I didn't have to face my weak looking best friend slowly breathing, I closed my eyes and fell asleep almost instantly.

~

I was woken by someone shaking me by the shoulder, it was James. He had come up to see how our girl was doing and to tell me something 'important'.

"Jai, you have to see this" James said handing me Katies mobile.

It was on a message from an unknown number, all the messages were sighed 'Ashley'.

The things she has been saying are literally disgusting. She's been spamming Katies phone with messages about her parents passing away and how she is in hospital.

James left the hospital, picked up beau and drove to Ashelys house were they 'discussed' what she had been sending with her and her parents. Her parents were horrified and apologised to Beau and to James and they both left and returned to the hospital.

The bags under my eyes are getting worse and worse, I've not been getting much sleep due to worry and how scared I am. We still haven't had any contact from Luke, not that we need it.