Chapter 25.

The smell of breakfast wakes me up for school this morning. Mike is still sleeping so i know he's not up cooking. I get out of bed & head to the kitchen to see who's up cooking. As i make my way to the kitchen, the smell of homemade pancakes & the gospel music brings me back to when Brenda use to cook every Sunday morning. I walk in thw kitchen to see just her.

"You got to be fucking me right now." I say in a dull shock.

I march back to the room where Mike is sleeping so peacefully & grab a pillow then start to beat him with it.

"Wake the fuck up Mike!"

"What the hell Pariah?" He says snatching the pillow from me, getting out the bed.

"What the hell is she doing in there?"

"That's your mom Pariah!"

"I know who the fuck she is Mike! That's the same bitch who kicked m...."

"Kicked you out. Yes baby i understand but you.."

"You dont understand Mike, you dont!"

Mike takes a step in my face like he's angry. "Do you know who the fuck you're talking to Pariah? Do you!?"

I stay quite.

"My mama traded me for two rocks & a pack of smokes. Now she's dead & i still wish she was here wimme." Mike continues.

"Even after..."

"Even after she did what she did, Pariah." Mike starts to soften up. "Baby, you have to learn to forgive people even when they're unapologetic because without her you wouldn't even be here."

"I am sorry Pariah." Brenda walks in.

"Brenda, i don't even wanna hear it." I say trying to storm out but she grabs me.

"Nie Pariah, you listen to me silly girl! Yo daddy wanted you out & i did as he told. Im so sorry i neglected you. Im sorry i choose a man over my child."

"I needed you Mama! I fucking needed you." I say in tears."

"Im here now baby."

"You left me so stay gone." I snatch away from her & get ready for school. After I'm ready i walk into the kitchen where i find Mike & Brenda talking.

"Take me to school Mike."

"Baby.."

"Ion wanna hear it Mike, just take me to school."