Chapter 21.

I open my eyes to see everybody around my bed praying. Trend, Kim, Mari, Z, Connie, Ms. Diamond, my brother Greg, my mom & Pastor Sirman. Pastor sirman was the pastor for the church i use to go to when i lived with my mother.

"...give her strength God, give her the strength to make it through. Wake her up to come back to us father. In your name we pray, Amen." Pastor Sirman finished.

"Amen." I say after him.

"Pariah!" Everyone face lit up.

"Glooooory!" My mama starts screaming. "My baby is okay." She rushes over to me, hugs me with hella kisses.

"Can you back the fuck up off her?" Kim says. "Why you acting like you been mother of the year? You don't even fuck with her like that. I'm sure the last person she wants to see is yo ass."

"How dare you talk to me in such a manner?" Mom says.

"This family needs prayer." Pastor Sirman says.

"How dare you talk to me in such a manner?" Kim mimics her. "You don't get no respect from me shawty."

"I see that hood shit done go to your simple minded ass head." Mama starts. "I didn't raise you to be disrespectful whore. You was a respectable young lady."

"Please shut the fuck up with that bullshit." Blue starts but Trend interrupts.

"Both of y'all in the same damn boat so if y'all don't mind, take that shit out of there? Me & Pariah need to talk."

Before everybody walks out.  Greg comes up to me, "I'm glad you're okay baby sis." Kisses my forehead & slides me a few lemon heads. Our favorite candy.

As the door shuts Trend sits on the edge of the bed with his head down. "Kim told them not to say anything until you woke up." An awkward pause filled the room. "Pariah, i know what i said last time but i been doing a lot of thinking & i want to be there for my baby, well yakno, if it's mine."

"Huh?" Feeling extremely light headed i was hoping i didn't hear what i just heard.

"Pariah, i ain't got no daddy to teach me how to be a man. He left me & my mama for a white bitch. So the last thing i wanna be is just like my dad. I know i ain't got much to offer but i would at least wanna try."

"I mean, i understand that but-"

In comes Mike & his sister La'dayday.

"Baby, you okay? What happened?" Mike runs over to me examining my face. "Who did this to you?" He starts to get angry.

"Oooooo shit." La'dayday says covering her mouth. "Girl who fucked you up like that?"

"Bruh, what the fuck?" Trend gets angry. "Can somebody get her outta here?"

"I ain't gotta go no mufuckin' where!" La'dayday starts getting loud.

"La'dayday, just leave man. Nobody wanna hear that shit." Mike tells her.

"But Mike..."

"Just stand in the hallway man!" Mike yells.

She does as told.

"Now who did this baby?"

"Yo bitch ass friend did." Trend starts.

"What?" Mike says confuse.

"You left that nigga with her when you knew he was her childhood rapist." Trend starts breathing heavy. I can feel him getting mad.

"Nigga what is you talmbout?" Mike asks still confuse.

"Man you know what the fuck I'm-"

"He didn't know Trend." I interrupts.

"I didn't know what Pariah?" Mike questions. "Somebody tell me something."

"You friend Johnathan use to rape her repeatedly as a child. She had to run away from that man after her mama kicked her out." Trend fills him in. "I guess you ain't know your friend very well."

"He did this to you?" Mike questions angrily.

"Yes." I answer.

"Ima kill that nigga."

"I beat you to the punch my nigga." Trend butts in. "When you walk in your crib, you'll see that nigga laying on that beautiful black fur carpet with 4 bullets in his ass."

"Thanks my nigga." Mike tries to dap up Trend.

"Na." Trend says refusing his hand. "I'm not with that friendly shit."

The doctor walks in with Kim.

"Hello Pariah, I'm Doctor Fisher. I will be your doctor while your here. How are you feeling on a scale from 1 to 10? 10 being the worst & 1 being the best."

"I'm in a lot of pain. So like a 9."

"Well, i got some news for you. Would you like me to say it in front of these gentlemen?"

"Yeah, she cool with us in the room." Trend answer for me.

"Pariah?" The Dr. ask looking at me.

"I don't mind them being in here." I answer.

"Well, one of the babies didn't make it." The Dr. states.

"One of the babies?" Everyone says surprised.

"There was more than one?" I question the Dr.

"Yes ma'am. You were having triplets." The Dr. states. "The other two seem to be fine. When you got that kick to your stomach the thrid one seem to have been the only one effected by it."

"Oh my gawd." I say about to break done until La'dayday rushed in the room.

"Mike! I just saw John on the stretcher getting rushed to emergency surgery."

"What?" He looks dead at Trend. "You didn't handle shit nigga."

"Fuck." I could hear Trend mumble under his breath.