Chapter 22.

I'm about to go home today. Dr. Fisher goes to get my discharge paper. I haven't seen or heard from Mike & Trend since they stormed out a couple of hours ago. I'm so nervous, afraid they might get themselves into some shit & more scared of the fact that Trend will slip up & tell Mike the babies might not be he's. A lot is going through my head. In comes my mama, Brenda & my brother, Greg.

"So you just got here whoring just like your sister, huh?" Brenda starts. "I knew you was gone end up just like her. That's why i couldn't have that shit in my house."

"Don't be stressing her out Ma. You see she's stressed enough." Greg tells her. "How you feeling sis?"

"I'm in pain but ima be straight."

"Being straight got yo ass in this position." Brenda adds her two cents in. "What happened to you being a queer, huh?"

"Which one you want her to be? Gay or straight?" In comes Kim. "Make yo damn mind up."

"You ain't got shit to say to me." Brenda says.

"I remember when you was a queer too." Ms. Diamond says coming in.

"Bitch, i got my kids in here." Brenda says trying to signal her to shut up.

"I already know." I input.

Brenda looks in shock.

"You hypocrite bitch." Kim starts laughing. "You something fucking else."

"Kim, shut up." Brenda says.

"Oh, you want me to keep this down?" Kim says taking advantage of the situation. "The pastor needs to be in here to hear this shit."

Dr. Fisher walks in & ask if I'm ready to go. I tell her i am & i get my stuff & roll out the door. Mike is waiting outside to pick me up. I get in the car & i can tell he has an attitude. We sit in silence the whole ride home. When we get there he doesn't even help me get out the car. He rushes in the house & when i finally get up there he's on the phone with somebody who can clean his carpet. When he gets off he still doesn't speak to me. So i decide to speak.

"What's your problem, dude?"

"I ain't got no fucking problem man." Mike says extremely calm as if he didn't have the energy to talk.

"I'm in pain & carrying your children & you didn't help me out the car. So you must have a problem."

"Why didn't you tell me Pariah?" He finally confess.

"I didn't know how to."

"I don't wanna hear that shit Pariah!" Mike hits the wall getting angry. "You should've told me something!"

"Mike!" I say shaken.

"Why didn't you tell me!?" Mike yells getting closer to me.

"Mike, you're scaring me." I start crying. "Just this morning John beat me & i feel like you're about to do the same."

"Pariah, i wouldn't harm you while you're caring my children but sometimes you get me to the point & i just get really angry."

"Just calm down & we'll talk about it."

& that's just what we did.