Chapter 01.

"Riah, go to Lucky's and get me 10 rillos." Kim demands. "Here's a twenty. Get whatever you want with the change."

I grab the money and head for the door.

"Make sure you got that thang on you before even think about stepping out that door." Kim reminds me.

Kim lives in a rough hood. These niggas will shoot you if you cough the wrong way. Nobody ever fucked with me though. Maybe it's because they knew I had a gun or they knew I was Kim little sister. Everybody know Kim have connects on every block from Riverdale, Georgia to Mobile, Alabama. Kim is the true meaning of "One Call, That's All."

I grabbed that thang, put it by my hip in the back of my pants & head out the door.

Outside I see Connie & Ms. Diamond pull up. I totally forgot Connie was coming over today. I know Kim don't care if she comes over but I do. It's way to dangerous over here & I don't want anything happening to my baby. I told her to just go in the crib because I was going to the corner store Lucky's & I'll be right back.

"I'll drive you." Ms. Diamond insisted.

Are you stupid? I think. Right when I go in the store them niggas will rob her out her draws.

"Na, I'll walk ma." I deny.

"Are you sure?"

I nod my head & walk on. In front of Lucky's there's a man getting jumped & robbed in broad daylight, screaming help looking at me while getting stomped on the ground repeatedly. I walk around his helpless ass. Kim told me a while back to avoid trouble & that's exactly what I did.

When I got into the store I grabbed a Strawberry Kiwi Arizona & a big bag of Munchies. I get to the counter & ask for a 10 White Owls Pineapple flavored.

"Here, tell Kim to stop sending you up here to buy this shit." He says handing me the rillos. "You're too young for this shit."

"Yeah, alright." I say handing him the exact change then walk out.

By the time I walk back out they're done jumping the helpless man. I try to walk swiftly past the men so they wouldn't say anything to me but one did anyways.

"Hey, ain't you Kim sister?" The man questioned.

"Who's asking?" I questioned back.

"Mike." He answered. "I was over there the other day. You don't remember me?"

"Na, all types of niggas walk in & out that place."

"We'll I'm not that type of nigga." He adds. "I was just checking up on her. Making sure she good & taking care of herself."

"Oh, okay. Nice meeting you Mike." I say trying to walk off but he grabs me by my waist & pulls me close to him.

"I see you got that thang on you." He Let's go.

"Never leave without it." I add.

"That's good." He says. "Let me take you out sometime."

"I have a girlfriend."

"Oh, you one of them?"

"What the fuck you mean, I'm one of them?" I say, insulted.

"One of them girls who are afraid of men."

"I ain't afraid of no man alive!" I let be known.

"I'll come pick you up at eight then, be ready." He winks & walks back to his home boys.

I walk away thinking. I slick do remember bruh. He kept looking at me but I only thought it was to make sure I didn't make any sudden moves.

On my way walking back home Ms. Diamond insist on driving me back. I get in so i wouldn't hear her mouth.