Chapter 15: I Want You To Come Find Me

-James-

My dad went to too many meetings.

And now I had to go to too many meetings. I had to approve of things, meet with people-obviously-, and talk about things that I'm sure is important, but it was too difficult to focus on anything.

Violet managed to cloud my mind again.

It's been happening all morning and it was beginning to affect me in ways I didn't think possible. It's barely been twelve hours and all I wanted to do was see her. Now that we worked on two different floors, it was kind of a pain in the ass to cross her path now.

It would be wrong to use the excuse to see my mom. Though I do love to visit my mom on the tenth floor. I definitely like it better than the top floor. People on the top floor are my dad's friends and everyone he usually works with, so they aren't really a lively bunch.

After the meeting was over, everyone filed out and resumed their daily work.

Instead of heading back to my dad's office, I did my daily rounds to check on the interns. Today I decided Cristin was better suited in the mailroom. They'd all drive her crazy. And if she steps out of line, all I have to do is tell my dad and that's one strike back to Iowa.

The last intern I visited was on the third floor and she was doing well also. They all seemed to be happy in their positions. Except Cristin. She glared at me, but kept a tight-lipped smile and used nothing but kind words. But I could feel the venom behind them.

I took the elevator up to the tenth floor and stepped out.

My mom's office doors were open and she was doing something on the computer. Everyone I walked by greeted me with a nod or a simple hello. I walked into my mom's office and she glanced at me and smiled. "What's up, Love?"

Violet wasn't here. "Have you seen Violet? I have questions about the project she was working on."

"Uh, She just went to lunch. Check the café maybe?"

I nodded. "When's Dad going to be back?"

"Friday or Monday I believe." She shrugged, "I've only talked to him once this week. He sent me a very long and detailed email." She then sighed loudly.

"Okay, well I need to leave early today. I have midterms to study for and that's pretty important right now."

She nodded and smiled. "I know. I'd rather you focus on your schoolwork right now anyway."

I smiled in return. "I'll see you for dinner."

"Mere will be coming too."

"It's about time." I joked. "See you later."

I left her office and headed back towards the elevator.

But just as it opened up, Violet appeared. She was surprised to see me, but she slowly smiled. I glanced behind me and then back to her before nudging my head to the right. She didn't say anything and followed me down the hall. I acted normal, said hi to passing people and kept a calm expression.

When we reached the end of the hall, I looked behind Violet before opening the supply closet door and pulling her in. She let out a giggle as the door closed behind her.

I gently caressed her face in my hands and brought my lips down to hers. She gripped the sleeves of my suit jacket and stood on her toes. The kiss deepened a second before she lowered herself back on her heels. "You're going to get me in trouble." I could hear the smile in her voice.