So Much For Protecting You

Louis POV

I'm running. 'Why am I even running, is there something I'm running from?' I want too look behind me but my body won't physically let me. Everything is dark. The only thing I can see is a faint orange light in front of me. I yell out. No one answers. My voice becomes hoarse. "You're a fool Louis" I hear a voice say. 'I know that voice' I think to myself 'why can't I recall a name or face'. "Who are you" I yell voice cracking from the pain in my throat. My legs give out and I fall to the ground. "No one to save you now pretty boy" I hear the voice scoff at me. I feel a pain in my side. Blood runs down my body and stains my clothes. "Louis!" I hear a different voice yell. I hear fabric rip "get the fuck up". I hear the voice yell again. I suddenly am awoken from my dream but someone ripping the blanket off of my naked body. The cold shocks my body and I immediately stand.

When the blurriness finally fades from my eyes I see I am face to face with Grimshaw once again. "What do you want now" I growl clenching my fists. "You broke our little agreement" Grimshaw says taking a step closer to me. "You touch him Grimshaw and I will kill you" I say preparing my body to attack. With one quick motion Grimshaw shoves me to the side and I land on the ground with a thud. He laughs and steps towards my Harry. I quickly turn my body and reach for my rifle hidden under my cot. Just as Grimshaw begins to lower his hand down to Harry's bare chest I stand up and put the barrel on his back. "One more move Grimshaw and I will point this gun at your head and shoot" I growl. His hand moves back to his side "you wouldn't dare Tomlinson, you don't have the guts". I bring the barrel to his head "try me Grimshaw, I dare you". At this point Harry has stirred awake and is now sitting on my cot facing me. His eyes are filled with desperation and fear. "If you shoot me Tomlinson what will your little faggot think of you" he snarks. I clench my grip tighter around my gun not answering. Grimshaw laughs and turns towards me "one day you won't be here Tomlinson, and when that day comes I will be waiting. Harry will be mine weather you two like it or not". With that he moves the gun off of him and leaves my tent. I sigh in relief "I'm sorry Harry are you okay?" Harry doesn't answer me he just lays back down and turns away from me. I look over at the clock seeing we still have a few hours before we have to be up and ready. 'You've really done it this time Louis'.

My legs are sore from running. They're getting weak and I know they're going to give out. I fall to the ground. "No save you now pretty boy" a familiar voice says to me. I manger to look at my attacker as he pulls me off the ground. 'I remember' I think to myself. There's a pain in my side. It feels like a knife but I know its not. It's a needle. I stumble in the man's arms. "Why are you doing this to me" I say vision going blurry. The man just laughs. I jolt awake feeling damp from my sweat. I roll over to pull Harry close to me so I can calm down. My arm hits an empty cot. Harry has left. I pull my knees close to my chest and wrap my arms around them. Tears being to fall from my eyes and my body begins to rock back and forth.

*ONE HOUR LATER*

I manage to pull myself out of my cot and reach for my uniform. Harry never came back and I think he hates me. I pull on my clothes and walk out of my tent. I step outside the smell of food hits my noise. My stomach lunges and I feel like I'm going to throw up. I run straight over to the courtyard waiting for my men to arrive after eating. After what seems like hours my whole fleet is lined up in front of me including Harry. Harry stares at the ground and refuses to make eye contact with me. My heart drops to the core of the Earth. "Alright ladies" I yell trying to sound not broken. "Today we are shooting" I see Harry flinch slightly at the mention of this. "A quarter of you will head to the snipping range, another quarter will head to the rifles, the third quarter will head to the grenade range and the last of you will head to knife training. This training will take four days total for step one and each day the groups will switch. The first thirteen men in line will be the group A heading to the snipping range. Group B will be the next thirteen and they will head to the rifles. Group C will be the next thirteen and they're headed to the grenades. The rest of you will head to knife training. I will be walking around each group taking careful notes so do your best and try not to kill anyone". Once I finally finish my speech the groups split apart. Harry's in Group C but I decide to not follow him because I can clearly see he doesn't want me right now. I follow Group A and try to push back my harsh thoughts about Harry no longer loving me.

"You do realize you haven't loaded your sniper right Private Payne?" I ask rudely. I watch at Private Payne's face turns red from embarrassment. "Dumbass" I say to myself under my breath. I make my way to Group B keeping my eyes on the ground fighting back my emotions because I will not let my men see me break. As I slowly look up I watch Private Malik hold his rifle wrong. I slowly make my way over to him "you know if you hold your rifle like that you're going to be sore for about a month right?" Private Malik just shrugs and shoots at his target anyways. Of course he misses and he is kicked back onto the ground moaning in pain. "I tried warning you" I huff in annoyance. After what seems like hours of helping helpless men I drag my feet over to Group C. As I stop about ten feet away from my men I see soft brown curls come into sight. My throat begins to burn and I squeeze my hands together to try and hold in my pain. I sigh to myself walking down to another private at the other end of the grenade range.