What Are We Even Running From

"I love you too Louis" Harry says rushing over to me.  My brain is still pretty fuzzy and my consciousness keeps fading in and out.  Suddenly I feel Harry's lips on mine.  After he pulls away I watch his lips move but I hear no sound.  All I can hear is the sound of heavy boots clicking on the tile floor.  I watch Harry turn his head toward the sound so I follow suit.  There in front of me I see the Admiral.  I watch his lips move but again I hear no voices so I turn back to Harry and see he is terrified.  'What's wrong love' I try to say but my lips do not seem to move.  I hear heels clicking on the tile in a far room.  'Why can I hear everything but words'.  I begin to get frustrated with myself as Harry jumps up with me in his arms.  'Where are we going Harry' I try to ask but again no words seem to come out.  I feel Harry's legs start to move fast and wonder why he is running.  I feel so confused, Harry and I weren't breaking a law.  At worst we were only publicly displaying affection but it is not like that is illegal.  "He saw us Louis we're so dead" I feel Harry's tears fall onto my head "why couldn't you just be straight Louis?"  "None of this would've happened if you had just liked girls" I feel Harry's grip tighten on me.  'What are you talking about Harry?  What does my sexuality have to do with this? '  I feel my lips move this time but I fear no sound came out because Harry never replied.  Seconds later Harry and everything else around me is engulfed by darkness. 

MANY HOURS LATER

I jolt awake suddenly when I hear a loud pop.  "It's okay Lou, it was just the fire" Harry says walking over to me.  I look around confused 'where's the hospital?' I try to ask.  I notice Harry gives me a confused look,  "Louis, you're lips are moving but you aren't speaking".   I give a pout face and reach for a stick "where is the hospital" I write into the dirt.  "We were forced to leave, do you not remember?"  Harry asks with a sad tone to his voice.  "No" I write "explain".  Harry sighs, "the admiral caught us Louis.  He saw us acting like a couple and-".  I give Harry a confused look "and" I write into the dirt.  "And he sentenced you to death Louis" Harry chokes out.  I am more confused as ever at this point "why" I scribble.  Harry stares at me with utter shock "because being gay is wrong to everyone else".  My head starts spinning and I can't comprehend what Harry is saying anymore.  I watch Harry's lips move for a few more moments until everything turns black again.  

COUPLE HOURS LATER

I feel someone twitching next to me.  "Harry" I finally am able to cough out "is that you?"  Harry does not answer me he just whines in his sleep.  I try to move to wake him what I don't seem to have any control over my body.  "Harry please wake up I don't want you to be sad"  I say loudly.  Everything is pitch black but I can see Harry's figure bringing his hands to his eyes.  "Are you awake Harry?" I ask trying to move again but failing.  I see Harry sit straight up "Louis!  You can talk again!".  I giggle at his sudden excitement "yeah I guess so.  I'm cold why aren't we at the tent?"  "You don't remember" Harry sighs.  I try to move toward Harry again but I just can't seem to "no I don't I'm sorry".  "What are the last things you remember then?" Harry asks in a low hushed voice.  I sit for a moment thinking hard to try and muster up memories in my muddy brain.  "I remember my tent.  I remember I thought you didn't love me.  I remember Nick was there but I can't seem to remember what he wanted.  I remember crying.  I remember waking up in the hospital and then I remember you running.  that's all I can recall".  Suddenly Harry's head shoots in the opposite direction of me.  "Be quiet" He whispers to me.  I hear distant voices.  "Harry who is that" I ask trying my best to stay quiet.  "I'll explain later" he says "but for now we have to go".  I try to stand but I still can't seem to move "Harry" I say trying not to cry "I can't move".  "It's okay Lou" he whispers sweeping me into his arms "I'll just carry you".  "Harry I'm tired" I say loosing control of my consciousness.  "Its okay love" I hear him whisper "just sleep for now.  I don't want you to have to deal with this anyways".  

THAT MORNING 

I slowly wake up and stretch my sore body.  I move to rub the sleep out of my eyes and slowly sit up.  I look over to my left and see a brown mess of curls.  I smile at the sight of him and decide to not wake him up.  I slowly stand up and walk toward a big rock.  When I get a few feet away I turn around and take another look at Harry.  'I hope he doesn't wake up while I'm gone' I think to myself slowly turning back towards the rock.  I drag my feet as I start to walk towards it again.  I'm still unsure on almost everything that has happened but maybe some thinking time will help me somewhat piece things together.  I sit down on the rock which is slightly warm from the sun shining down on it.  'Okay Louis think.  I walked back to my tent and found Grimshaw. I was upset. What was I upset about again?  Come on Louis put it together.  Harry.  I was upset about Harry.  I was trying to protect him from Grimshaw.  I was trying to hurt myself because Grimshaw told me too.  What did he make me do?'  My brain starts too hurt from all this thinking and my thoughts being to become muddled again. I slowly make my way back over to where Harry is laying in a grassy patch.  I hear him snoring quietly and I smile to myself.  I really do love Harry.  I'm pulled by my thoughts of Harry when I hear a tree limb snap.  I bend down and shake Harry "Harry, please wake up I think I heard something and I'm scared and confused".  Harry doesn't budge and I hear another snap.  "Harry come" I feel hot tears make their way down my face.  I begin to hear howling dogs in the distance.  "Fuck" I say trying to pick up Harry.  I'm weak from something I don't remember but I manage to get him in my arms and start to jog.  I almost fall a few times and I'm shocked Harry doesn't even seemed bothered because he's still dead asleep.  'Come on Harry' I think to myself 'I can feel the darkness crawling back into my vision'.  I start bawling as I'm running "please Harry I need you".