Sometimes Having Power is a Drag

Louis POV

I watch as Harry leaves the cafeteria tossing his food into the trash. My heart drops all the way to the floor. 'Why does it even matter if he's eating or not? It's not like you even like boys so why do you care?' I shake away my horrible thoughts once again and sit at the generals table. I hate this table I do no like anyone. I sit on the edge of the end seat to keep my distance as far away from the others as possible. After I quickly scarf down my food I gather my fleet into the courtyard. "General Tomlinson, where is Private Styles?" I hear Private Payne ask. I turn my attention toward Private Payne, "Styles is doing a job for me at the moment so he does not need to attend today".

I point at the obstacle course in front of my fleet. "This course will last you ladies, a little over an hour" I yell to my fleet. I pace up and down the line "it will test your fitness, teamwork and your problem solving skill." "You will not stop until everyone has made it over that finish line and you will not leave any man behind. If someone falls and can't do it you carry him. No man will ever be left behind on this team. Do I make myself clear?" "Sir, yes, sir" my fleet yells back to me. "Then stop standing here and get to the end of the course. Go go go!".

*AN HOUR AND EIGHTEEN MINUTES PASS*

My fleet finally comes into view with two men being carried. As my fleet lines up in front of me I ask "what are their names". "Private Malik and Private Devine" I hear Private Payne inform me. "Take them to the nurse I will deal with them in the morning" I say with disgust "for the rest of you however, go sit as a team and talk about what you will do tomorrow to make this course faster". I hear small groans come from my fleet. "Goodnight ladies" I say as I head to the bunk house.

When I walk into the bunks I find Harry cuddle in his bunk. I giggle at myself and jump onto his bunk pulling him close to me and kissing his neck. "Alright Styles up and at em!" I yell in his ear. I hear a tiny giggle escape Harry's mouth as he wakes. We smile at each other for a few seconds but we soon notice the rest of my fleet starting to enter the bunk house. When we arrive to my tent I see Harry has made himself comfortable on my floor. 'He looks so beautiful' I think to myself ' just go for it Louis maybe you'll learn something about yourself'. I push Harry back onto the floor with my lips and slowly grind my hips down onto him and pulls in up into mine. He pushes me away. My heart shatters into a million pieces. I don't even hear what he says after I just feel like going into my cot and turning towards the wall for the night. "You know Harry, I don't know if I'm gay" I blurt out randomly. I can see this took him by surprise. "Then why are you with me" he says weakly. "I like you" I stutter "a lot more than I have ever liked anyone else". He nods slowly and says "I like you too". After that he lays on my chest and I know I won't move him to sleep alone. I wait for his breathing to even out. When I'm sure Harry's asleep I begin playing with his curls. "I feel like I'm forcing you into this and I'm sorry Harry" I choke the quiet words "I feel like you're only returning my feelings because I'm the boss and I'm so sorry I tried to force myself onto you". Two small tears run down both of my cheeks.

*THE NEXT MORNING*

I hear Harry mumble something but I'm not entirely sure what he said. "Love" he says "it's time to get up now". I groan turning towards Harry "what time is it?" "0900 hours". My brain clicks. "0900 hours!" I yell jumping up "Harry we overslept!" "Good thing we left our uniforms on Harry because we need to go now" I run to the front of my tent ripping it open and heading over to the courtyard. "Well well well" I hear the second most annoying voice in the world. "If it isn't General Tomlinson, late as normal" Grimshaw shoots out at me. I glare at him "you mind telling me why exactly you're on my side of the camp with my fleet". Grimshaw begins walking to where he belongs "simply because these men need to be properly trained and clearly you can't handle that Tomlinson". "Fuck off" I spit back turning to address my men.