Chapter 22

Silvershy's POV:

Silvershy skidded to a halt as a fox rounded the corner, cutting off their escape. Dawnheart snarled and veered sideways to try and escape the foxes but the third one leapt out of the bushes, blocking off their final escape route. A feeling of dread hit Silvershy like a monster speeding down the thunderpath.

We're surrounded.

True was whimpering and whining behind Silvershy- her fur bushing out against her's. "Silvershy please protect me. I can't fight." She breathed in fear, eyeing the fox behind them.

"Don't worry, True. I'll protect you until my last breath." Silvershy promised solemnly. She felt True's muscles loosen up at her words and she smiled softly.

Dawnheart was growling and hissing at all three foxes. Her claws were unsheathed and her back was arched as she warned off the foxes. "Silvershy you attack the one at the back and I'll tackle these two. Make sure they don't get to True!"

Silvershy nodded bravely and glanced across at the fox behind her. It was the she-fox she had seen before. Her teeth glinted in the dying sunlight and her amber eyes shone with joy as she faced her prey.

Then, Silvershy let out an ear-splitting yowl and launched herself at the fox. She latched onto its muzzle and neck with all four paws, clawing and biting as viciously as she could. The fox reeled backwards and snapped its jaws at her, catching the tip of her ear and her cheek. Silvershy tried to ignore the blood welling up on her new wounds as she desperately tried to cause as much damage to the fox as possible.

The fox bite into her front paw and shook her violently. Silvershy fell away from the fox's face and dropped back onto the ground. She didn't wast any time at all and was attacking the fox's hind legs before it could attack her. She tore at its skin, feeling her claws sink deep into its flesh. Just as she was about to slash her claws down its side, the fox kicked her away and bit down hard on her shoulder. Silvershy yowled in pain and tore herself away from the russet coloured fox.

Blood oozed from her fresh shoulder wound but she ignored it and continued attacking relentlessly.

True yowled in fear and Silvershy looked back to see the third fox attacking the black and yellow striped she cat. Her green eyes were wide and he cried out as the fox scooped her up in its jaws. Silvershy lunged to help True but Dawnheart beat her to it; leaping onto thw fox's back and tearing at its flesh. The deputy's fur was coated in blood and her blazing amber eyes were narrowed in concentration as she tried ti draw the fox's attention to her.

Silvershy hissed when the fox behind her sank its teeth into her tail. She yanked herself away and twirled around to claw at its face. The fox reeled backwards as her claws connected with its forehead.

Dawnheart's deafening yowl of pain made Silvershy flinch and she turned to see the silver she cat fall to the ground, blood pouring from many fresh wounds along her back and shoulders. Silvershy hissed and scrambled away from her fox, attacking the other two in a futile attempt to direct their attention to her. The fox's barely seemed to notice her and they proceeded to tear into Dawnheart. The deputy howled and cried as one fox ripped off one of her ears. Silvershy watched on in horror as her deputy was attacked.

True's voice interrupted her thoughts. "Watch out!" She spun around just in time to dodge the fox as it lunged for her but it's tail slapped her as it turned and she was knocked sideways. Silvershy fell heavily on her side and the fox wasted no time in attacking its defenceless prey. Silvershy cried out as the fox dug its teeth deep into her forepaw, tugging at it painfully. It was obvious the fox was just prolonging Silvershy's inevitable death. It knew she couldn't fight back. Now all it wanted to do was play with its captured prey.

Silvershy's vision blurred and she felt herself slipping away but just before she did, she saw one of the three foxes lunge for True.

____________________________

Flamefur's POV:

"Tigerstripe!" Flamefur growled as she crashed clumsily into the warriors den. Her bad leg stopped her from moving around normally and she ended up tripping over a cat's empty nest.

Her brother's head popped up from his nest. "Flamefur?" He whispered lazily. "Why are you out of the medicine den?"

"Nevermind that!" Flamefur snarled. "You never told me you killed Pebblekit!"

Tigerstripe was immediately awake and alert and he sat up abruptly in his nest. His glowing green gaze scanned over the dark den to make sure there was no one around and then he breathed. "I didn't kill him." He lied through gritted teeth.

"Don't lie to me, I spoke to Pebblekit myself!" Flamefur growled and thrust her face in her brother's muzzle. Her orange eyes blazed in anger as she glared at the brown tabby. Never had she ever expected to be directing such a rage-filled glare at her brother- the cat who stuck by her side throughout their whole lives.

"You spoke to him? How? I wouldn't expect Starclan to allow you in after befriending a traitor like Metalclaw." Tigerstripe growled, although his gaze stayed calm as he stared down at his sister.

"You'd be surprised about a lot of things I've been doing, Tigerstripe." Flamefur growled. "But slaying innocent kits is not one of them!"

"Keep your voice down!" Tigerstripe hissed, glancing behind her to the den exit incase any cat came in.

"No! I will not keep my voice down!" Flamefur snarled. "You killed Pebblekit! Why?" She demanded with unsheathed claws.

Tigerstripe curled his lip into a snarl. "You're so blind, Flamefur. You are not the sister I once knew. Metalclaw has blinded you from seeing the truth. Can't you see that he is evil? He is trying to lure you into a trap and get you captured by NoName!"

"He would never do that!" Flamefur retorted with a growl. "He is kind now, he cares about me and my clan."

"Your clan?" Tigerstripe let out a bitter laugh. "Your clan? Do you not remember anything? This isn't your clan and it never will be! You aren't a true Lightclan warrior!"

Flamefur flattened her ears. "Blood isn't everything!"

"Oh really?" Tigerstripe growled with bared teeth. "Fine then. If you really think that Metalclaw is so sweet then go ahead and trust him. But when something bad happens, I won't be here to comfort you. You will be all alone." Then, he stormed out of the den.

_______________________________

DRAMAAAAA