Chapter 8

Silvershy's POV:

Silvershy stood in the medicine den, watching as they healed Flamefur's leg. It was wrapped tightly in cobwebs and the strong smell of herbs hung in the air. Metalclaw was seated beside Flamefur, his tail wrapped protectively around the flame coloured she. Silvershy smiled softly. She wished Eagleflight cared about her that much.

Speaking of Eagleflight, the brown tom trotted into the medicine den. "Hi Silvershy." He purred. "Wanna go out on a hunt?"

"Um," Silvershy stammered, surprised by Eagleflight's appearance. "S-Sure."

Flamefur grinned up at Silvershy and whispered so that Eagleflight couldn't hear. "If he doesn't ask to be mates with you, I'll personally rip his whiskers out."

Silvershy chuckled in reply and nodded before trotting after Eagleflight, out of the den. The light brown tom led her out of camp and toward the beach. His thin tail flicked behind him as he turned to look at her mid-step. "So Silvershy.. We haven't spoken in a while."

"No we haven't..." Silvershy drifted into silence, unsure what to say.

Eagleflight tried to make conversation again. "How was it in the Dark Forest?"

Silvershy flinched and screwed her eyes up at the memories. She stopped walking and lowered her head to try and calm herself. Eagleflight's warm breath fanned her ear tips. "Sorry, I know that's a touchy subject for you.."

Silvershy glanced up at Eagleflight and shook her head. "No it's okay. I shouldn't be so effected."

"Nonsense." Eagleflight replied. "You were imprisoned there and tortured. You're so brave and strong to be able to stand that." A slight shiver ran down his pelt and Silvershy saw fear in the tom's eyes.

"Thank you." Silvershy murmured before pressing herself against Eagleflight. He purred softly and rested his muzzle against her cheek.

"Silvershy... Will you be my mate?"

___________________________

Ew short chapter :/ At least I'm keeping up with updating tho.. Next chappy will be the special POV one ^-^