Chapter 14

Silvershy's POV:

Silvershy hovered behind Yellowpelt and Darkfeather as Dawnheart interrogated True. The rogue's eyes were wide as Dawngeart asked question after question.

"Do you have any family?"

"No, they're all dead."

"All of them? What about friends?" It was obvious that Dawnheart was worried about True's potential family or friends trying to rescue their fellow rogue by attacking Lightclan.

"I have no allies. I am alone." True insisted, her voice tight with frustration. "Just tell me if you'll accept me or not."

Dawnheart's lips formed a thin straight line as she studied True intensely. Silvershy watched on in curiosity to see if the deputy accepted True or not. She understood how hard it was for Dawnheart; all of a sudden her leader and medicine cat are out of control, a strange new cat has decided to join the clan, a fox family moves into Lightclan territory and a battle with NoName looms over her head like a tiger waiting to pounce. At last, she sighed. "Very well, True. Welcome to Lightclan. For the time being, you shall remain with your rogue name and sleep in the warriors den. As you can see..." The she cat gave the messy camp a once-over with her eyes. "Our clan is in a bit of a muddle."

True's eyes widened in joy and she leapt to her paws. "Oh thank you, thank you! I promise that I will be as helpful as I possibly can! I can help you hunt, I'm a good hunter. I could help gather moss for nests or look after kits or elders.... You have elders right? Yeah, yeah you do." She rambled on.

Dawnheart chuckled. "Yellowpelt can you please show True where she can make her nest in the warriors den? Thanks." Then, without another word, the deputy turned around and trotted across the clearing and into the leaders den, her tail twitching nervously as she went.

Silvershy yawned tiredly. Maybe if I rest for a bit now, I can go on another patrol later. The silver she cat thought as she padded slowly into the warriors den. The den was empty; the only other cats in there were Yellowpelt and True.

Silvershy settled down into her nest, taking note that she'd have to change the bedding when she woke up. The moss was getting old was turning brown. It crunched harshly under her weight as she lay down to sleep.

Once she was settled down, Silvershy was almost immediately swept into a dream. She awoke in a strange forest, shivers running down her spine. The familiar feeling of a vision of her past self made her gasp silently. A vision? Now? She narrowed her eyes as she searched around the forest as much as she could. Since she was in Silverstar's body, she had no control over her movements.

The first thought that came to Silvershy was that she was lower to the ground than usual. Her legs were shorter. This must be when Silverstar was younger. Maybe an apprentice...

A light voice echoed behind her. "Come on Silverpaw." The voice hissed, trying to be quiet. "We don't have much time until dawn."

"You're the once who's late, Skypaw." Silverpaw meowed in reply with a twitch of her whiskers. "Anyways, come on. Twolegplace isn't that far from here."

Curiosity ate at Silvershy as her former self and Skypaw trotted through Lightclan's old territory. They came to the border between the forest and a thunderpath and Silverpaw said. "How do we cross it?"

"What do you think?" Skypaw replied cheekily. "We run." Then the white she cat darted onto the thunderpath, her tail streaming behind her. Silverpaw struggled to catch up, her striped pelt billowing in the breeze as she ran.

The two apprentices reached the end of the thunderpath and paused on the other side, panting. Silverpaw mumbled. "Don't ever do that again."

"Do what?" Skypaw raised an eyebrow at the silver she cat, her green eyes questioning.

"Run off without me." Silverpaw scuffed the ground with her claws, sending some wind-swept grass at Skypaw.

Skypaw laughed and dodged the grass. "You need to be faster."

Silverpaw scoffed. "Whatever. Now, where are we going from here?"

Skypaw glanced at the looming twoleg dens before them. "I guess we continue on. Maybe there are some kittypets who can show us the way to the catmint?"

Silverpaw shrugged. "I hope we don't run into Lion..."

"Who's that?" Skypaw asked curiously.

"Um.. He's my brother. Our father is the leader of this rogue gang. They live around here." Silverpaw mumbled uneasily.

"You never told me about them. Why?" Skypaw glanced over at Silverpaw.

"They're merciless killers. I chose to run away from them because I didn't want their way of life. That's how I joined Lightclan. But if they see me again, they'll kill me."

"What about your brother?"

"He might be leader of the gang by now. He won't care about me." Silverpaw whispered sadly.

Skypaw's eyes glittered with sadness as thunder boomed above them. "Come on.. Let's keep going." Just as the rain began to fall, the two she cats entered twolegplace, faces grim.

__________________________