Chapter 17

Flamefur's POV:

Flamefur stalked cautiously through the Dark Forest. Her flame coloured fur was spiked up in fear as she crept past a tall oak tree. Her ears pricked when she heard the sound of a cat nearby and she tensed. "Who's there?" She demanded, fighting her fear and trying to be strong.

"Flamefur." It was NoName. The red furred she cat slunk from the cover of a tree above her head. "How nice of you to join us." She grinned and jumped down from the tree, landing neatly in front of Flamefur. The chilling feeling of her shadows made Flamefur's skin crawl and she inched away from the evil she cat to escape the shadows.

"Why did you summon me here?" Flamefur asked, her voice on edge. Her thick tail swayed behind her as she stared at NoName, wondering if she had a chance to escape.

"I'm glad you asked." Her glowing white eyes shone in the eerie darkness, creating a glow in the clearing they stood in. "I'm willing to offer you a deal. It's quite a simple one too." She cleared her throat. "Rejoin the Dark Forest and fight alongside me and Metalclaw shall not be harmed. Refuse to join and I will kill you both."

Flamefur curled her lip into a snarl. "I'll never join you!" She unsheathed her claws and raised them up to slice NoName's chest but suddenly Flare and Strike jumped down, shielding NoName from Flamefur's claws. Their magnificent wings spread out on either side of them, creating a barrier so that Flamefur lost sight of NoName.

Flare chuckled with a grin at Flamefur. "It's a shame you didn't join us. I would've liked being with you. Oh well." She let her wings fall and folded them behind her back, allowing NoName to leap past her and pin Flamefur down. Flamefur writhed and hissed at NoName as the shadows began to engulf her.

"You'll make a fine new addition to my shadows..." She laughed insanely and raised her paw to begin the transformation but before she could, Flamefur dissappeared.

_________________________

Nutwhisker's POV:

Watersplash laughed at Nutwhisker as she paced near him. "You weak little kit. You can't do anything. You don't have the power to save your puny clan."

Nutwhisker hissed at the hallucination of Watersplash. "Get away from me!"

"No can do, little Nutwhisker." She grinned and licked his cheek, her tongue chillingly cold as it brushed againdt his fur.

Nutwhisker pulled away from her. "I know you're not real!" He closed his eyes and tried to leave the misty clearing but Watersplash sliced through his thoughts.

The blue-grey she cat's amber eyes flashed white for a split second before going back to their normal colour. "C-Come with m-me." She purred in a distorted voice, no longer sounding like Watersplash.

"No!" Nutwhisker hissed and ran at Watersplash. He unsheathed his claws and lashed out but his blow was clumsy and Watersplash easily caught his paw in her jaws. Whisps of smoke began to rise up from the ground, curling around Watersplash's paws.

"Hush now Nutwhisker... And go to sleep."

Then, darkness blurred his vision and he jolted awake. He looked around, breathing in unfamiliar scents. Nutwhisker wasn't in his den. He froze when his gaze reached a pair of white sparkling paws.

_______________________________

Eh, short chapter..