Chapter 19

Nutwhisker's POV:

"Hello Nutwhisker." Her warm voice brought back terrible memories of the recent nightmares he had been getting and Nutwhisker whimpered softly, fearing this was another hallucination.

"Nutwhisker?" Her snow white paw moved towards him but he hissed and shuffled away, not meeting her eye.

"Leave me alone!" He growled and buried his muzzle in his paws.

"Nutwhisker it's me." She meowed, worried. "I'm real."

"You're just trying to trick me!" Nutwhisker snarled and lashed his tail. He refused to look at the white she cat because he knew that she was not real. She was just a nightmare. His mind was reeling with anger and fear as he tried to move further away from Fake Skystar.

"Nutwhisker please. Look at me." She begged and brushed her sparkling paw against his chin. "I'm real." She stated, raising his head up with her paw. Nutwhisker didn't fight against her, his whole body drained of any remaining strength.

Nutwhisker looked at the ground as Skystar pushed his face up to her. He refused to look at her. He knew that as soon as he met her gaze, she'd turn into a petrifying monster. "Look at me." She repeated, her voice tight with frustration and desperation. "Look at me!"

"No." Nutwhisker hissed with gritted teeth. "Leave me alone."

Skystar growled but instead of hurting him- like he expected- she let him go and faded from view. "Fine. But first I must break NoName's bonds on you."

Nutwhisker narrowed his eyes for a second but then all thoughts left his mind when a sudden wave of pain hit his head. He cried out and fell to the ground, darkness quickly swallowing him up.

___________________________

Silvershy's POV:

It was coming up to sunhigh by the time Silvershy and True finished with the apprentices den and they headed out to the river to wash off the dirt and leaves in their pelt.

True shook her fur irritably as she tried to pick off a piece of moss from her shoulder. "Den building is boring."

"You got that right!" Silvershy giggled as she led the way to the stream. It was a short trip, the stream meandered close to camp just before it turned off in the direction of Ravenclan.

The two she cats reached the stream and began washing their paws. Silvershy was just about to sit back and lick her pelt clean when True suddenly rammed into her, sending her straight into the stream. She let out a shocked yowl as she splashed into the shallow water, failing her legs as she tried to find her footing. "Hey!" She yowled at True.

The former rogue grinned playfully. "I couldn't resist it!"

"You'll pay for that!" Silvershy grinned and leapt out of the stream, trying to shake her pelt and make True wet.

True laughed as she tried to dodge Silvershy's water sprays. "Stop!" She giggled.

"Never!" Silvershy laughed and pounced on True, wrestling her to the edge of the stream. She kicked out with her hind legs, sending True into the stream. "Victory is mine!" She yowled with a wide grin.

True rolled her eyes and splashed Silvershy. "I pushed you in first."

"Good point." Silvershy laughed and jumped into the stream beside the she cat, making sure to create a large splash of water as she landed.

__________________________