Chapter 3

Silvershy's POV:

Silvershy willed herself to fall asleep. She could hear NoName sifting through the surrounding brush to try and find her. She stayed deathly silent, trying to get back home. I have to leave this place.

She peeked her eyes open and her silver pelt spiked up in fear as NoName's glowing white eyes travelled over the section of bushes where she hid but miraculously, the red she cat didn't seem to spot her.

Her quiet voice gave Silvershy chills. "Come out Silvershy. Come out now and I won't punish you..."

Liar! She wanted to yowl, but she didn't dare open her jaws in fear of squealing in fear. She kept her eyes closed as tight as possible. Come on! Go to sleep!

Then, there was a yowl. NoName crashed through the leaves and twigs and her claws met Silvershy's fur. She yowled in fear, panic clawing at her pelt, but then darkness filled her vision and she awoke inside the medicine den. It was empty, apart from a sparkling cat standing beside her.

Silvershy got to her paws and stared at the Straclan cat in horror. "Silverstar?!"

"Huh? Silverstar? No it's me Nutwhisker." The image of Silverstar faded and Nutwhisker took her place, a confused look on his face. "Are you okay Silvershy?"

"I-I'm fine.. I'm just seeing things.." Silvershy narrowed her eyes, wondering why Silverstar had appeared momentarily. Had she helped her escape the Dark Forest? Had she intended to stay longer and talk? Had Nutwhisker ruined it?

"Oh Silvershy!" Shinewing yowled. "I'm so happy you're awake! Flamefur will be so relieved!"

"What about Eagleflight?" Silvershy asked hopefully. Had the tom she loved also missed her?

Shinewing stumbled, her voice sounding confused. "Um, y-yes I'm sure Eagleflight will be happy as well."

Watersplash gave Shinewing a glare before turning to Silvershy. "Of course Eagleflight cares about you."

Silvershy nodded, her eyes sad. Had Eagleflight not done anything? Did he even care? Silvershy had been so sure that they were to be mates...

Nutwhisker helped lead Silvershy out of the den. "Come on. Stormstar should be back soon."

"Where is he?"

A grim expression met Nutwhisker's face. "Fighting Smallclan."

_________________________

Flamefur's POV:

As Stormstar led the patrol trudging back to camp, Flamefur busied herself with her own thoughts. She wondered how Metalclaw was fairing without her. The Lightclan cats were being quite rude to him, saying that he should go back to the Dark Forest. But Flamefur couldn't let Metalclaw go back to that place. Not with NoName there. He'd be killed on the spot.

Flamefur sighed. She wished Stormstar had allowed Metalclaw to join the battle patrol. He'd have been such a good help. He was so good at fighting. So what if he was a little rough? It's a fight. As long as he doesn't kill anyone, it's okay.

Then again, Stormstar just killed one of his own kits! Maybe it would have been alright if Metalclaw killed cats...

What has Lightclan become?

Stormstar was crazy. He was leading Lightclan striaght into the heart of turmoil. I'd be surprised if he even realises how big of a threat NoName is!

"Flamefur?" Iceheart nudged her slightly.

"What?" Flamefur snapped, not in the mood to talk with anyone.

Iceheart winced, her snow white fur bristling. She flashed her a wary glare and meowed. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing! Nothing is wrong!" Flamefur lied.

Iceheart narrowed her eyes. "Tell me the truth."

Flamefur let out a fierce hiss. "Leave me alone!"

Iceheart put on a bitterly stony expression and hissed in reply. "Fine. But don't come running to me when something goes wrong."

__________________________

Nutwhisker's POV:

As Stormstar's patrol thundered into camp, Nutwhisker collected the bundles of herbs for the injured warriors. Shinewing and Watersplash waited outside the medicine tunnel for the warriors to line up.

Silvershy stuck by the medicine cats' sides as all of her clan mates greeted her joyfully. Nutwhisker chuckled as Eagleflight raced to her side and gave her a flurry of licks. So Eagleflight does care about Silvershy.

Flamefur arrived next with Metalclaw beside her. The three friends exchanged a few words before dissappearing off to a quiet area of camp.

Nutwhisker glanced up at his first patient to see it was Stormstar. He didn't have any wounds. Only a desperate look on his face. "Nutwhisker. Come to my den."

Nutwhisker narrowed his eyes as he followed his leader into the den at the other end of camp. The feeling of moss under his paws was comforting despite the dryness of it. Stormstar sat down in his nest and turned to face Nutwhisker. "I need help."

"With what?" Nutwhisker asked, confused. His brown striped tail twitched as Stormstar leaned closer. His ice blue eyes bore into Nutwhisker.

"I'm going crazy."

__________________________