Chapter 5

Nutwhisker's POV:

After some tense silence, Nutwhisker replied slowly. "You're going crazy?"

Stormstar gave a slight nod of his head. "Yes." He meowed, voice tight with fear.

"And how do I help?" Nutwhisker wondered with narrowed eyes.

Stormstar leaned closer, his paws slipping over the edges of his nest. "Heal me."

Nutwhisker took a small step back. "But I can't heal mental problems."

"Yes you can." Stormstar insisted with a swift lash of his tail. "Yes you can. You can fix me. Then I'll be okay... I can let it go."

"Let what go?" Nutwhisker tried to distract his leader from the whole 'healing' thing.

"Rosegaze. I can let her spirit be free. She won't stop pestering me until I get revenge. Killing my half-blood kits wasn't enough... Petalstar needs to die." The Lightclan leader stared crazily at the den wall behind Nutwhisker. His ice blue eyes were wild and his teeth were bared as he ranted on. "My daughter must be avenged. She won't let me rest until I kill her killer."

"But her killer wasn't Petalstar!" Nutwhisker argued. "It's not really Rosegaze. It's just your mind creating fantasies."

"No!" Stormstar hissed and his paws suddenly ignited in an orange flame. "Rosegaze is here! She talks to me. She wants blood. She wants revenge. I must provide her what she needs."

Nutwhisker backed away, pressing himself against the den wall. "Stormstar.. Stop this madness. You're not thinking straight.."

"I'm not mad! My mind is clear! I must destroy Smallclan! Yes! I will kill Petalstar! I will watch the blood drain from her body! Then I will be at peace!"

______________________________

Silvershy's POV:

While Flamefur and Tigerstripe were out of camp, Silvershy decided to catch up with her sister. They hadn't talked much in a long while. She trotted up to the fresh kill pile to see Flowerstream sitting beside Tigerstripe. Her eyes were dreamy as she talked with the brown tom and Silvershy paused. She didn't want to interrupt anything going on between the two. She knew how much her sister liked Tigerstripe.

As Silvershy watched the two, she couldn't help but wonder how her sister found Tigerstripe so amazing. The brown tabby tom was handsome, of course, and strong. But he was also quite rude to cats he didn't like. He was ambitious and didn't always think of others.

Maybe he is kind underneath that tough act. Silverstar's voice echoed in Silvershy's thoughts, making her jump.

"And what brings you here?" Silvershy whispered to the Starclan she cat. She had grown used to being a reincarnation of Silverstar. She no longer found it amazing. She no longer felt the need to talk to the silver she cat in an amazed, awe-filled voice.

"Just checking up on you." Silverstar meowed, now sitting beside her. She was identical to Silvershy; minus her transparent pelt.

"I see..." Silvershy narrowed her eyes ever so slightly and looked down at her paws. "Since you're hear I might as well ask you... Does Eaglefeather like me?"

A light chuckle left the she cat's lips. "Of course he does. He just doesn't think you like him back, so he's giving you space. And I thought you were going to ask about the medicine den encounter."

"Oh yeah." Silvershy had forgotten. "What was that about?"

"I just came to say that I had helped you escape the Dark Forest. Nothing else." Silverstar shrugged.

"Okay..." Silvershy studied Silverstar curiously. "So, uh, how is it going in Starclan."

"Fine." The Starclan she cat lied.

________________________

Flamefur's POV:

Flamefur let out a soft purr as she and Metalclaw returned to camp. The sun was beginning to set and the orange rays of sunlight were shining down on her pelt, making her fur look like it was on fire.

Metalclaw smiled down at her. Flamefur had always been annoyed at Metalclaw's height. She was always that little bit shorter than him. "You look beautiful in this light..."

"Thank you." Flamefur meowed softly, turning to start walking again but Metalclaw stopped her.

"Wait." The grey tom meowed urgently. "Stay out here with me." He gazed up at the trees around them. "Let's find somewhere to sleep here in the forest, away from everyone else."

Flamefur glanced back at the pathway back to camp and then up at Metalclaw. He looked down at her with irresistible shining eyes. "Ok." Was all she could stutter before the large tom swept her deeper into the forest and high up a tree.

_____________________________

Gonna do a special POV chapter soon and I was wondering who I should put in it. So far I'm thinking of Stormstar, Tigerstripe and Petalstar. Anyone else?