Chapter 16

Silvershy's POV:

Rays of warm sunlight dawned over camp as the clan began to stir. The dawn patrol had left early that morning, rushing to get their chores done.

Silvershy climbed out of her nest, stretching and yawning. Hazefang stirred beside her. "Good morning." The former rogue greeted with a smile.

"Good morning." Silvershy nodded in reply as she stepped out of the warriors den and into the main clearing. She spotted Fluffystream and Loveheart sitting outside the apprentices den. Silvershy inched a little closer so that she could hear their conversation as she groomed her fur.

"It was cold last night." Fluffystream sniffed, his voice gruff.

Loveheart chuckled at her mate. "It's the middle of greenleaf. It's more warm than cold."

"It's still cold at night." Fluffystream replied stubbornly. "The walls in that den are so thin that the wind blew right in. I miss the elder's den."

Loveheart sighed and looked up at Silvershy just as she was about to bend down to lick the base of her tail. "Silvershy? Could you help us?"

Silvershy lifted her head to look at the two elders. "With what?" She played dumb, not wanting them to know that she was eavesdropping.

"The apprentice's den is much too cold for Fluffystream. We need to make the walls thicker. Could you do it please?" Loveheart asked, although behind her kind voice there was a stern order behind it. The elderly she cat always demanded respect, no matter who she was talking to.

Silvershy bit back a frown and put on a fake smile. "Of course! I'll gather a few more cats to help me out." She trotted back into the den and spotted True still fast asleep in her nest. She leaned closer to the sleeping she cat and whispered. "Wake up."

True blinked her eyes open slowly. "Um.. What time is it?"

"Past dawn." Silvershy meowed in answer, her voice soft. "Come on- you're helping me with den repair today."

"Ok." The disappointment was clear in True's voice. It was obvious the rogue she cat preferred to hunt rather than fix dens but some cat had to do it.

Silvershy smiled encouragingly. "After we fix the den, why don't we go hunting together? I can show you the territory."

"Oh, yes please!" True grinned, her enthusiasm returning in a heartbeat.

_____________________________

Flamefur's POV:

After the creepy vision, Flamefur had decided not to go to Metalclaw and instead crept back into the medicine den to rest. Her head was spinning with thoughts as she tried to decode the omen she had received.

But instead of working it out she fell into a deep sleep, not waking up intil dawn had passed. She grumbled under her breath as she shifted in her make-shift nest from within the medicine cave. Tonight I must go to see Metalclaw. He must be so alone in there...

"Flamefur? How are you feeling." Watersplash meowed as she padded into the den carrying a bundle of herbs.

"Good." Flamefur shrugged. "Can I go out?"

Watersplash looked doubtful but eventually nodded. "Alright. Shinewing take Flamefur for a walk around camp please."

Shinewing looked up from the moss she was placing in her nest. She grumbled but stood up and nudged Flamefur to her paws. "Come on, I have things to do."

Flamefur sighed. "You don't have to take me out. I know your busy."

Shinewing paused and glanced at Flamefur. "Um, thanks. Maybe later I can take you for a walk.."

"Whatever." Flamefur mumbled and limped back into her nest. She rested her head on her paws and went back to sleep.

She awoke again in the Dark Forest.

_____________________________