Interview with Jesse & Noah

• Dedicated kay Fans of Jesse and Noah

I walk through the trees of the lake. The beauty of the warm summer day steals my breath. Through the tree’s I see them. Although no longer young and free, they still look as good as the day I started writing them.

I walk down to the small table they’re sitting at. Jesse notices me first. He gives me a big hug, a huge smile on his face. Noah takes his turn hugging me and motions for me to sit in the chair. He then takes his place beside Jesse, who in turn stands and sits on his lap.

I smile up at them. Clearly still in love after all these years. I clear my throat, “So, are you two ready?”

Jesse nods, “We’ve been waiting to do this interview for a while now. I’m excited and I know Noah is too.” Noah’s only response is a quick nod.

“So how’s everything now?” I ask gently.

Noah looks at Jesse and smiles sadly, his eyes water. Jesse’s the one who speaks. “I’m not long for this world; to be honest months is all I have. But I’ve come to accept this and I’m embracing the time I have left. I’ll be buried in our lake when I go, and that’s my way of staying connected to my life after I’m gone.”

“Noah,” I ask. “How do you feel about all this?”

He looks at his husband again. The man on his lap reassures him with a tender smile. “I’ve not been the happiest man in the world. The thought of losing Jesse kills me on a daily basis.” Hi face hardens. “I’m not going to live without my husband. Our souls have been connected for far too long.”

I nod. “You both should know a lot of people care about you and what happens to both of you. So I thought maybe you could answer some questions for them.”

Both men smile at me. “We’d be happy to answer your questions, Trisha.”

“Okay, to start off with an easy one. When did you two first realise you were in love?”

Jesse’s chuckle is friendly and amused. “Well darling, I think most people know the answer. I fell in love with him in the playground, the day we met.”

Noah rolls his eyes and kisses his husband. “The same with me, though I still don’t know how he fell in love with me.” He chuckles at Jesse’s appalled look. “After all, I was just a dumb jock.”

“You were not!” Jesse tumps the back of Noah’s head. “Noah was a lot smarter than he ever gave himself credit for.”

They kiss, a sweet little kiss that has so much love I feel uncomfortable intruding. The men look blissfully happy all these years later. I notice how Jesse still clings to Noah. And the way Noah protects Jesse from everything. Some things never change I guess. No matter how old or young you are.

“Sorry Trisha, I just can’t hold my angel and not love on him.” Noah’s apology isn’t necessary. In fact I’m glad they can’t get enough of each other.

“It’s fine, I’m glad you two are still in love and happy, it’s everyone’s dream.”

I smile at their blush. “So, a question I’ve wanted to ask you for a while. What’s your favourite part about each other?”

Jesse’s first in again. “Well, for me it’s Noah’s heart. Everything about him is so wonderful, but his hear is just…” He shivers in Noah’s lap.

Noah’s response is sweet and expected. “Jesse’s eyes are it for me. I think everyone knows how I feel about his eyes.”

“We do.” I tell him. “I think anyone who’s read your stories has seen that.”

“I think he talks about my eyes every day.  It’s sort of funny when you think about it, they’re nothing special.” Jesse says.

To stop the argument I see brewing, I ask the next question. “What has been the toughest part of your relationship?”