Friends & Foes

When things go baldy we find our own inner strength. So, maybe it's not always a bad thing when we get lost along the way. Because at the end of it all, if we have found ourselves it can't be a bad thing.

Hello Jesse?

That voice sent a shiver down my spine. The cold, callus and evil voice came from the one person I had wanted to stay away from. His voice was bad on a normal day, but now we were alone and I wasn't sure how I would get out. Time stilled. Everything around me changed. I was alone with the person who hated me the most.

My blood went cold. I could feel his presence behind me. It was my worst nightmare come true. Well, not the worst. The worst would have been Noah leaving me. But this was a very, very close second. I could feel my heart sink. Nathan and I were alone in a shed. No one could hear us.

"It's good to see you again, Jesse." He chuckled.

Nathan? Crap, crap, crapity crap!

"I must admit, I'm surprised it took this long. You always were hard to find alone. Noah hangs out of you like a leech. It's not very attractive. To be honest I find it sickening."

He whistled and I felt myself grimace at the sound. He was cheerful. Very cheerful in fact and that worried me even more.

"What's the matter Jesse? Not enjoying my company? I know I'm not the leech, but still... We can have our own fun."

"Now, now, Jesse. That's no way to treat an old friend. Why don't you turn around and face me like a man? Too scared? I thought you would be happy to see me again."

There were a few footsteps and I could feel that he was moving closer. Not close yet, but he was getting there. I started shaking and then I heard a low chuckle behind me.

"Are you afraid, Jesse?" He whispered.

My body failed me, I was unable to move. I wanted to cry it wasn't fair. I was getting on with my life and I was getting better. In that moment I felt stupid. Heart racing, I clenched my fist. Something in me broke. I felt him behind me. He was getting closer to me, his presence not a welcome one.

He's going to hurt me. He's going to hurt me badly.

"I know you looked at me Faggot. I know before you and Noah started perverting together you wanted me. But why would I want a disgusting little queer like you? I wouldn't." His voice was cold and callus. From the way he spoke it was obvious I knew he was enjoying tormenting me. He was getting a kick out of saying those things to me.

"What do you want?" My voice was weak. Weaker than I would have liked, but I was not ready for this. I thought I wouldn't survive this.

"What do you want? Please, I don't know why you're doing this to me."

"Ah, now that would be telling you." He stalked forward. Every step he took sounded closer to me. A light tap against the cold hard floor sent a chill down my spine. "I have a lot of fun planned for the two of us Jesse. An awful lot of fun and I promise you will enjoy yourself."

"Don't you trust me Jesse?" He whispered almost silently into my ear.

A sharp bang to my head sent me flying through the shed. I slammed against the far wall and ended up banging my head against the broken shelf. Nathan was standing in front of me. Looking even more evil than I had seen him up until that point, I'm not sure I'd seen anyone look like that before that moment.

His hair was dirty and he had badly grown stubble over his face, his eyes bulging. He looked like a maniac. Saliva was dripping from his mouth, a twisted smirk was showing off his crooked teeth. Our eyes met as he looked down at me and smiled. I was truly afraid then.