Hidden Suspicions

Your gut feeling can lead you on a wild goose chase. But it can also lead you to the truth. So when trying to decide what to do, stop and think. "What is the worst that can happen?"

Noah and I were under a tree outside the school gates. We had found the spot while we waited for Alex to come. When his parents car pulled up to the front of the school Noah and I were making out under the tree. His tongue in my mouth he growled when Alex shouted.

"Don't tell me you two are skipping to make out. How cute." He rolled his eyes and walked over to us.

"Hahaha." I replied dryly. Rolling my eyes I moved closer to Noah and made room for Alex to sit down beside us.

"Nope, classes don't start for another hour. Someone trashed the school. No idea who, but they just announced there will be another class called off so they can clear the mess." Noah was grinning before he want back to kissing me.

I had just started to enjoy this kiss when the alarm on my phone went off. The alarm had been set the previous day to help keep my increased medication intake more structured. I now had to take them six times a day, which was too much for me to remember during the day.

"Shit!" I muttered and rooted through my bag, seeking the small bottle of pills. Noah kissed my shoulder and pulled out the small brown bottle. Sighing, I kissed him gently and popped the lid off before swallowing two of the tiny pills.

Alex watched me surprised. Noah had not told him I had, had to change medications. When I replayed the previous days events he let out a low, long whistle. I was still frustrated that the standard medication had not worked. It meant I was taking more medication and had even less energy.

With four different types of pills to take I had to bring a small pack to hold them all. Two of them were because I had the transplant. One was for my blood pressure and the other was for my heart condition. It was a nightmare. Especially when I had to root them out of my bag.

That's my second dose of pills for the day. Two down, four to go...

"How are you feeling baby? Any more chest pains?" Noah asked soothingly, knowing how frustrated I had been getting the bad news yesterday.

"No chest pains today. Some last night, but I have been feeling better today so far. I've already had six doses of the new meds, so I have them in my system." I sighed and rubbed my chest, frowning at the memory of the previous days doctors appointment.

Strong arms wrapped around me from behind, and Noah pulled me onto his lap. Nuzzling my neck he kissed my sweet spot and smiled. Grinning, Alex winked at me and slapped Noah across the back of the head. Both of them trying to change the touchy subject.

I laughed at their effort. I hated being so touchy-feely about the whole issue. Deep down I knew it wasn't my fault, but at the same time it drove me crazy knowing I could have another heart attack. It was always in the back of my mind now. Anyway, it was frustrating having to take so many different tablets every day.

Something inside me felt strange though. I could swear someone was watching me. I had felt it all week. Nothing out of the ordinary happened though, but if I was on my own it got worse. A chill ran down my spine as I remembered being in the boys toilet.

I had gone in alone. From the moment I went into the room I left something had felt strange. The door opened at one point, I had been scared and a tremor went down my spine. But no one had made any noise. It still gave me the creeps to think about who could have been there. When I exited the stall I was alone.

Sitting with Noah and Alex had put my mind at ease. I put it off to being nervous about the trial and Nathan being on the run. With only two weeks left until the trial I had been thinking about it during my spare time. But my gut kept telling me something was off. My whole body was tense and I knew Noah had noticed.