Facing The Truth

When we fight the truth it catches us off guard. In turn we self destruct, but once we face our demons things will get better.

Waking up in Noah's arms the next morning was exactly what I needed. Feeling the warmth from his body the second I opened my eyes healed me. Although my eyes were sore, I felt peaceful. The events that unfolded yesterday had been upsetting to say the least. But nothing could make me feel bad that morning.

Noah's arms tightened instinctively around my waist as I moved slightly. His sleeping face was so peaceful that I couldn't help, but lie there and watch him. I understood in those moments why he was able to watch me in the hospital. There was almost nothing better than seeing your love asleep.

He's beautiful and perfect and mine. All mine!

"There's a weirdo watching me sleep. I think I should be worried.", He said through a yawn.

I slapped him and he chuckled. Kissing me as he rolled over and landed on top of me. Our tongues explored and tangled as we lay there kissing. My body reacted to our kiss, I was would into a tight knot a few minutes later. I wanted more, my body demanded it.

"Are you feeling better this morning? I was worried about you, I'm so sorry Jesse." His voice was soft, and I could hear the sadness in it. Gathering myself, I looked into those beautiful brown eyes. The ones that had captivated me as a four year old little boy. I smiled sadly.

"She never wanted to be my friend. That hurts more than anything. I don't have a lot of friends, and I really thought she could be one. Guess that's what I get for being so stupid.", I replied sadly and sighed.

Noah shifted on the bed and took my face in his hands. "Don't you dare say that. You are not stupid. You are a beautiful, kind, care and intelligent person. Alexis took you for a ride and made a fool of you, but that is not your fault. She is a cold heartless bitch."

"Yeah, I guess." Something still felt wrong. But there was nothing to say there was something wrong. It was strange.

"Don't guess. It's the truth. Now come on. We have to get something to eat. Love you baby." He whispered the last part against my lips before jumping off the bed.

When we walked into the kitchen Lexi's parents were there. Her mom looked at me when we walked in. Her face was tear stained and Lexi's father looked no better. Noah scowled at them and I pinched him. He kissed my cheek and whispered that he was sorry.

"Jesse, do you mind if we talk to you for a minute?" Lexi's father, Aidan asked.

"I don't mind. Is everything okay?"

Lexi's mom, Judy, walked over and hugged me. I stood there frozen for a minute, but then I returned the hug. Mom walked over and guided her to a chair. I sat beside her and looked at the two of them.

"We're worried about Lexi." Aidan finally said. "For the past few months, years even, we've noticed a change in her. She's moody one minute and bouncing around the next. She goes through so many phases, and her choices are not the greatest. Like trying to kiss you yesterday. She's just so ... impulsive."

Judy looked at me and continued on from her husband. "We have tried to get her to see a doctor, but she's in denial. No matter what we say to her she'll just say shes fine and that's it. Have you noticed anything?"

Oh my God. That's what's been going on with her. How could I have missed it? Some friend I am. She must be so scared.

"I've worried about her too. I noticed how she changes too. But especially when she talked about what happened..." I was cut off by Aidan. "We know what happened there. But, what do you suspect? If you noticed after a few weeks it must be something bad."