A Fortnight In Paradise

My point is that when you fall in love it's with a real person with flaws. Not with a perfect character from a fairy tale.

- Mette Ivie Harrison

The plane landed in Spain at nine am local time. It felt like a short flight, although both Noah and I knew it had been longer. Once we had found our seats it had been a journey full of kissing and touching, some people were not happy, but Noah showed them his ring and ignored them.

I was nestled into his arm for hours. It was strange to think we were going on our honeymoon. I had been on holidays a grand total of two times since I was born and both had been back in the states.

Noah rented a car at the airport and we drove for another hour. Spain was beautiful. The beach was in sight the whole journey. Beautiful clear blue water was glowing in the morning sunlight.

“You happy, baby?” Noah asked me, kissing the palm of my hand. He had not let it go at all that day; even on the plane his refusal to let it go had not wavered. I smiled at him and nodded happily.

“Great. We’ve got two whole weeks of sun, sea and sex. Nothing better comes to mind at the moment.” Noah’s answering chuckle made me feel warm inside. I loved hearing his laugh. “We should talk about the letter now, though. I don’t want this over our heads much longer.”

“You don’t want anyone else to know about the letter, I know that. It still doesn’t feel right to me; I can’t forgive her like you can. However, I can admit she was in a bad way her whole life. I still don’t like her though.”

I opened my mouth but he spoke first. “I know, I know, but we both know you’re the kinder of the two. You have a kinder heart by far and I’m just pointing out how I feel. It’s why I love you, the fact you can forgive her is huge.”

I leaned over to kiss his cheek. “Love, we both know your heart is just as big as mine. Just because you can’t forgive her means nothing to me. Look at Lexi, you like her now, or at least you tolerate her and that’s big.”

“Yeah well, I can admit she makes you happy and she’s been a good friend to you over the years. I’m not sure what I’d say about her though if she pulled any crap again. But I’m not an ass and I get she was sick at the time.”

“You like her a little bit, no matter how much you protest I know you have a thing with her now. You both enjoy winding the other up. It’s sweet.” His face at the beginning of what I said made me laugh.

“Calm down, big guy, I know you’d never cheat on me.” His face relaxed and he wrinkled his nose. “Hell, I don’t even like girls, besides she’s not that attractive. Boobs and stuff are not for me.”

He turned to me with a wink. “You on the other hand are hot as hell and I’m so lucky you wanted to marry an ugly bastard like me.” It was my undoing and I head to sit back up and put my head between my legs.

“Fucking bastard, you knew what that would do to me.” I muttered through my heavy breathing. The laughter had died down enough for me to speak, but Noah took over where I had left off.

“Concentrate on the road. I don’t want to die young.” His smile faded slowly, and he turned back to the road. His concentration stayed on the road while we drove through a small village. It really was a beautiful country.

I felt a kiss pressed to the top of my head and I smiled. It was starting to look like it would take forever to get to the hotel when I heard a sharp intake of breath. Looking up I saw exactly what Noah saw and it was stunning.

A glass hotel stood beautifully in front of crystal blue water. I was mesmerised by the sight and no doubt Noah was too. It looked like it was out of a movie. The water looked like it should have been a picture; I had never seen a beach like it before.