A Little Surprise

A mother is somone who loves her children unconditionally. To become a mother you do not have to give birth, you have to love the child and care for their wellbeing. That is the best type of mother, not the ones who give birth and never care.

I woke up in the hospital and I was as high as a kite. Noah was sitting on the chair beside my bed, daddy was beside him. Out of nowhere I started giggling like a little girl. The room was spinning and I kept laughing. 

"You okay, baby?" Noah stood and kissed my brow which made me burst into another fit of giggles.

I smiled and kissed him on the lips and looked at me strangely. There was awe on his face, but he also looked like he thought I was mad. Everything was funny to me and daddy pulled Noah back down on the chair. Watching me they both smirked.

"That's the drugs talking son. He'll be back to normal... Eventually." He was struggling to keep him composure. But I didn't care, I was too busy finding something to laugh at.

I was asleep minutes later, and woke up the next day. Groggy and sore. Noah was sitting there again, and again he was patiently waiting for me to wake up.

"Morning, love." I yawned as he opened his eyes, smiling when he saw me again. 

"Morning baby, how are you feeling today?" He asked as he leaned over to give me a light kiss on the mouth and neck.

"Sore." I mumbled as I tried to get used to having both my arm and leg in casts. Fridays events were unfolding before my eyes. 

"What day is it?" I asked confused. Trying to figure it out in my head was not working.

"It's early Sunday. You were brought it Friday night and slept most of yesterday, and now it's about six am, give or take a few minutes." His voice was hoarse, I looked at him and with my good arm pointed to a bottle of coke. 

He dragged himself out of the chair and took a sip of the coke. Wincing in pain when it reached his throat. My head was spinning from the drugs and I was rather. The pain medication was kicking in again. 

"We should talk, don't you think?" He drank half the bottle already so I couldn't use his throat as an excuse.

"I guess we have to." I replied quietly.

Noah, sensing my distress walked over to the bad and climbed in. Maneuvering my broken arm and leg in the process.

"Baby, what did Nathan tell you about me exactly?" He took a breath before saying. "This changes nothing. I just want to know."

I looked into his beautiful brown eyes and opened my mouth to answer him. But closed it again before the words spilled out. I watched as he wanted me, looking at me which such love it killed me that I had thought so badly about him.

"He told me you'd slept with him a few months before we got together."

Noah nuzzled my neck as a way of reassuring me so I continued. "He said after we'd gotten together you had tried to get back with him. That you told him you wanted him."

My heart ached having to relive the moments in the shed where my heart shattered into a million pieces. What had hurt it even more was the fact I had believed him.

"He made me believe him and then I begged him to kill me. I wanted to die so badly. He told me that I was always going to be second best. He taunted me every chance he could. I just wanted to die at the thought of you not loving me..." I broke off sobbing.

"Oh baby, I'm sorry. So, so sorry. You shouldn't have had to hear that... You know it's not true though. You know how much I love you." He cradled me in his arms and kissed me over and over again.