thirty-eight: the blame game

Louis didn't talk to Harry for the rest of the day, hell Louis didn't really talk to Zayn either. He kept his attention focused on the twins, making sure that their every need was fulfilled by him and no one else. Zayn could sense Louis' sudden change of mood every since Harry had gotten home. Louis wouldn't even look at Zayn, not that it was much different from before. Zayn lets out a sigh when he sees that it's getting late.

"I should get going." Zayn says, standing up from his place on the floor. Louis doesn't even acknowledge what Zayn said, quietly cooing at Ethan. Something was up with Louis and Zayn wanted to know what... but he knew better than to push Louis. That would just result in Louis pushing back, which then would lead to an argument and Zayn didn't want to argue with Louis. Not when things had been going so well before.

"I'll walk you out..." Harry says, surprising Zayn a little but the older man just nodded. Together Harry and Zayn walked out to the front porch before Harry grabbed Zayn's arm.

"I need to talk to you, I'm sorry about what happened earlier with Nathan. I can assure you he's only called me that a few times and I always make sure he knows that I'm not his dad." Harry says in a rush, looking at Zayn.

"It's fine... It's to be expected. You've been there since day one and currently I'm just the sperm donor." Zayn says, a bitter tone to his voice that Harry flinched at. Harry felt bad for Zayn, mainly because what he was saying was true... So far Zayn was just the sperm donor while Harry had actually spent the past two years taking care of Louis and the twins. Harry hated to admit the fact that he saw those boys as his family, even though they weren't blood related to him.

And Harry respected the fact that Zayn was the twins father.

"What happened while I was gone? Louis won't tell me but I'm guessing it has something to do with you." Harry asks, knowing that it was better to change the subject before he said something he might regret.

"It's complicated, Harry." Zayn whispers, letting out a soft sigh as he looks at the front door. Zayn didn't want to talk about this, he didn't want to talk about the fact that Louis wouldn't even look at him. He didn't want to open up old scars and he didn't want to talk to Harry of all people about this. He might've said it was fine, but Zayn resented Harry. Harry had everything that had once belonged to Zayn... For all he knew, Louis and Harry had become a thing while he was gone.

"I got that, I got that when Louis refused to tell me. I got that when he said-" Harry cuts himself off, not wanting rub salt in the already open wound. He knew Zayn was still upset about Nathan calling him dad, Harry wasn't a complete idiot.

"What did he say?"

"It doesn't matter, I just want to know what happened between the two of you while I was gone. He hasn't been like this since he found he was pregnant with the boys."

"Like I said, it's complicated. Louis and I are both grown adults, we make decisions that don't concern you. Just because he won't come to you about everything, it doesn't give you permission to try and get answers out of me. It's not my place to tell you if Louis clearly doesn't want you to know." Zayn's voice is tired and the older man looked just as exhausted. Harry could tell that it wasn't just Louis being bothered by what was going on... Zayn wasn't doing too great either.

"I'm just trying to help."

"Well stop trying, you've done enough as it is." Zayn is angry now, glaring at Harry and making the younger of the two look at him in confusion.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Harry asks, matching Zayn's angry tone.

"You're always there. You're the one who was there for him for the past two years... Hell, for all I know you're part of the reason why he left. You took my family away from me."

"The only person who took your family away from you was yourself, Zayn. You treated him like he was just another one of your business partners, not like he was pregnant with your children. You put him through hell, and he got fed up with it. He left, and I went with him. I went because he asked me to, because he's my best friend and he needed me. It's not my f ucking fault that he left you, that was all your own doing."

"You still didn't have to go with him, you didn't have to drop everything and act like you're all just some big happy family. Those are my kids in there, and they look at you like you're their dad. And what's worse is that you let them." Zayn nearly yells at Harry and it took every ounce of Harry's self control not to punch Zayn then and there.

"Like I said, it was my choice to come with Louis. I came with him because he needed someone to be with him, his mum couldn't and that left me. It's not my fault you pushed him away and it's not my fault that your kids don't know who you are. You did this to yourself Zayn, so stop blaming others for your mistakes." Harry keeps his voice calm as he looks at Zayn.

"It should've been me." Zayn whispers, looking defeated. Harry felt bad for Zayn in a way, but Harry knew that he was right... Zayn brought this upon himself, it was his job to fix it.

"Yeah... It really should've."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well then...

This chapter would've been up earlier but SOMEONE is a thirsty hoe and keeps trying to steal my husbands. Smh at you.

Anyways, dedication goes to NARRY9493

QOTC: what has been your favorite concert you've been to? if you haven't been to one, who would you like to see?

AOTC: okay, I've been to several concerts and because of that I'm broke af. Anyways, my all time favorite concert I've been to is a tie between the Walk The Moon concert I went to in August and the Panic! At The Disco concert I went to in July of 2014. (walk the moon and magic man were the opening acts, i cried tears of blood) I'm going to be seeing Mayday Parade in a little over three weeks and Our Last Night a week after them... and I'm going to 5SOS next August! Concerts are the best, but my god... I'm broke haha.

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx