fifteen: the odd things

Zayn was sitting in his office later that same day when Liam came in without knocking. Zayn normally would've been okay with it, but the last time Liam had done that he'd gotten a bruise on his face... which was still hurting, much to Zayn's dismay.

"Can I help you?" Zayn asks, hoping that Liam wasn't going to resort to physical violence this time. Luckily for Zayn, Liam didn't.

"Why'd you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Why'd you sleep with Louis? I mean, let's be real here Zayn... You could have anyone at that party, and you chose my best friend... who may I remind you hates your guts. So why him?" Liam asks, glaring at Zayn as he waits for an answer. Zayn is a little taken aback by the question, truly not expecting Liam to ask him that. He didn't know what to tell Liam... He wasn't even sure what to tell himself.

"I don't really know... I just asked him and he went along with it. Does it really matter that much to you?" Zayn answers the question with a question of his own, waiting patiently for Liam's response. Liam shakes his head, biting his bottom lip for a moment.

"I just found it odd that you chose Louis." Liam says, getting ready to leave already. He wasn't getting any answers, so he didn't really see the point in being around Zayn any further.

"It really isn't that odd." Zayn says, more to himself than to Liam. Liam hears him though, arching his eyebrows at his step brother as he looks at him.

"What do you mean by that?" Zayn's heart skips a beat, unsure of how to answer Liam's question. What did Zayn mean by that?

"Nothing... I don't know why I said that. You should probably get back to work... Dad won't be too pleased if you're slacking off again." Zayn says, hoping that Liam would actually do what he asked for once.

"He doesn't give a shit about what I do, you're the only one he cares about." Liam says, but he leaves anyways. He walks out of Zayn's office and back to his own, a soft smile replacing his frown when he saw Niall sitting on his desk. He greeted the younger boy with a kiss on his cheek before he sat down in his chair.

"What are you doing up here?" Liam asks, still smiling though as he takes Niall's hand in his. Niall just shrugs, returning his smile.

"There wasn't anything to do down there, so I came up here. It's not like they're going to miss me though, hell I doubt they even know I'm gone." Niall says, shaking his head as he chuckles. Liam lets out a soft sigh before nodding.

"Well I'm glad you came up here. I could use some company." Liam whispers, letting out a small sigh. Niall's smile fades a little, a worried expression covering the blonde boy's face as he looks at his boyfriend.

"What's wrong?" Niall asked, not liking it when Liam was upset. Lately that was all Liam was though, and Niall didn't really know how to help him. Liam was the stronger of the two, the one who rarely let anything bother him... but for the past few days... Liam hadn't really been Liam. He was far more needy than usual, constantly having to have Niall by his side... Niall wasn't complaining though, he enjoyed being around Liam... but that didn't mean he wasn't worried.

"It's stupid." Liam whispers, refusing to look at Niall for a moment. Niall rolls his eyes before carefully moving Liam's chin so the older was looking at him.

"It's not stupid. Now tell me." Niall says quietly.

"I shouldn't be so hung up on what happened with Zayn and Louis... But I am. It bugs me Niall, like to no end. I mean, Zayn could've knocked up anyone and I wouldn't have given a shit... but he had to knock up my best friend." Liam says in a rush, once again refusing to look at Niall.

"Why does it bother you? I'm not saying that it's stupid that it does... I'm just trying to find out why."

"I guess it's just... I guess it's because Louis is pretty much my brother. I didn't want him to be anywhere near Zayn and now he's pregnant with the asshole's kid. And then... I had to be a dick too. I haven't really talked to him since I found out, and I'm almost positive he thinks I hate him... I just didn't know how to react and because of that I probably screwed up our friendship." Liam trails off, letting go of Niall's hand so he could place his head in his hands.

"Liam... You can't really blame yourself for the way you reacted... I know you're relationship with Zayn is a shitty one and Louis is your best friend. You reacted like any normal person would, so you can't beat yourself up about this. Do yourself a favor, and talk to Lou okay?" Niall says after a minute, hoping that it was somewhat helpful. Liam sighs as he looks at Niall, biting his bottom lip before nodding.

"Okay. I can do that..." Liam whispers, smiling softly at Niall. Niall returns it before kissing Liam.

"Now with that out of the way... What do you say to us sneaking off to one of the supply closets?" Niall asks, wiggling his eyebrows as Liam chuckles.

"Is that all you think about? Sometimes you lead me to think that we're only together because you love my body."

"Of course not babe, I also love your charming personality." Niall says, kissing Liam again but a little harder this time. He stood up off the desk after that, grabbing Liam's hand before dragging him out of the office.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It's been like 4 days since I last updated.... I had issues with what I wanted to do with this chapter lol. I'm still not sure if I'm okay with this chapter tbh.

Oh well.

I updated lol

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx

UPDATE: so some of you can't see this chapter and that's why I unpublished it and republished it. Hopefully that helps the problem.