thirty: meet the family

"Louis, are you sure this is smart? It's been two years..." Harry says, biting his bottom lip nervously as he looks at his friend. They were both standing in the kitchen, waiting for Zayn to show up. Louis had told Harry just a moment ago that Zayn was coming, shocking the other boy and making him nearly spit out his juice.

"I don't know, but I feel like I owe him at least a chance... I left without warning and I didn't give him a choice in the matter. It's not like Nathan and Ethan are going to remember him after meeting him just once... I'm just giving him the chance to meet them. I owe him that much." Louis answers, shrugging a little as he starts to play with his hands. 

"I guess you're right." 

"When am I ever wrong?" Louis teases earning an eye roll from Harry. 

"I just don't want you to do something you regret." 

"What's there to do? It'll be fine Harry. Trust me." But Louis wasn't sure if he was reassuring Harry or if he was really trying to reassure himself. He just couldn't shake the feeling that it was all going to blow up in his face. Louis didn't have much time to really worry about it though, the sound of the doorbell ringing echoing through the house. Louis bites down rather harshly on his bottom lip before looking at Harry.

"Do you want to go grab the twins? I'll go answer the door..." Louis says quietly, earning a small nod from Harry before the two boys went their separate ways. The doorbell rings again just as Louis reaches it. The young boy took in a deep breath before reaching for the doorknob, only to hesitate for a few seconds. He wasn't sure if he was ready to open that door... but he had promised Zayn. 

But it wasn't Zayn at the door.

"Liam?" Louis was a little surprised to see his friend standing there, he hadn't expected Liam... Let alone for Liam to look like an absolute wreck. 

"Hey... Can... Can I come in?" Liam asks, his voice cracking as he speaks. The older of the two wiped at his eyes, faking his best smile as he waits for Louis to invite him inside. 

"Yeah... Course..." Louis says, opening the door completely to let his friend in. Louis shuts the door behind Liam once he's inside, biting his bottom lip as he follows Liam into the kitchen. 

"Do you want to tell me why you're here? Not that I mind... You just usually give me some warning before you show up at my door." Louis says, earning a small nod from Liam as he sits down at the small bar. He places his head in his hands for a moment before running his hands down his face. 

"Yeah... I know. I just... I needed someone to talk to and you're the only one close enough." 

"What about Niall? He's your boyfriend." Louis points out and Liam's face falls again, that was all Louis needed to know. 

"What happened?" 

"I uh... We uh... I think we broke up? He was sitting in my office like he always does when he can't be bothered to pretend to do his job... Lou, I really messed up." 

"What'd you do?" Louis asks, getting little to no information from Liam. 

"I pulled a Zayn. He f ucking told me he was pregnant and I panicked." Liam finally says and Louis just stares at him. He doesn't know what to say, he kind of wants to yell at Liam... but the giggles of both Ethan and Nathan filled the room before he got the chance. Harry walked into the kitchen with both twins, his smile falling as he sees Liam. 

"Liam? What are you doing here?" Harry asks, allowing Louis to take Ethan out of his arms. Ethan cooed at Louis before kissing his cheek. Louis couldn't help but smile at that, even if the mood of the room was a somber one...

"Just needed to get away... I'll uh... I'll be leaving now." Liam says, standing up from the bar already. 

"Liam, you don't hav-" Louis started but Liam shook his head and held up a finger.

"It's okay Lou... I'll stop by some other time... You guys are clearly busy with the twins and I don't want to be a bother." Liam says, a sad smile on his face as he already walks out of the kitchen. Louis sighs before passing Ethan back to Harry, following after his friend. 

"Li..." 

"Don't tell anyone about this okay? Promise me you won't." Liam whispers as he stops at the front door. 

"I won't... but we still need to talk about this Liam... You can't just drop something like that on me and then leave." 

"I'll stop by tonight, alright? I just need a few hours by myself." 

"Fine. If you're not here tonight then I'll come searching for you." 

"Okay..." Liam's actually smiling now, pulling Louis in for a quick hug. The doorbell goes off then and Louis' heart jumps into his throat. 

Either that was Zayn or his mum was making a surprise visit too...

Liam opens the door for Louis, a surprised look on his face when he sees his step brother standing on the front porch. 

"What the f uck are you doing here?" They both said in unison. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HA.

I don't even know.

It just happens

I go with the flow man, it's so groovy.

Lol throwback.

Is that even a throwback?

Anyways.... So Liam pulled a Zayn.... interesting.

Dedication goes to aestheticlarry_

My fave comment gets the dedication :)

QOTC: who's interested in possibly doing a character ask? 

AOTC: I am  ;)

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx