nine: mother knows best

"Are you sure you're okay, Lou? You were really upset yesterday." Harry says on the other side of the phone as Louis bites his bottom lip. Louis takes in a deep breath, nodding before he realized that Harry couldn't see him.

"I'm okay, Harry." Louis whispers, looking up as his mum walked into the house. She greeted Louis with a smile, kissing the top of his head.

"Hi sweetheart."

"Hi Mum..." Louis says, smiling at her softly. Harry is still talking on the other end, not that Louis was paying attention. 

"... are you even listening to me Louis?" Louis finally turns his attention back to Harry, watching his mum walk into the kitchen. 

"Course..." Louis lies, biting down on his bottom lip. He just really wanted Harry to end the conversation. Louis was tired, he'd had a long couple of days... He wanted his mum to make him something warm to eat and send him off the bed for the night... sure he was nineteen, but that didn't mean his mum didn't make him feel better. 

"What'd I say then?" 

"Something about Zayn being a dick." Louis says, the sentence becoming far too easy to say now. He felt like crying again though, the conversation with Zayn still very fresh in his mind. 

"Okay... Maybe I did, but I know you weren't listening to me. I did ask you if you'd told you mum yet..." 

"I haven't... She just got home from her business trip..." Louis says, looking towards the kitchen where he could already hear his mum rummaging around.

"Are you going to tell her?" Harry asks and Louis has to resist the urge to roll his eyes.

"No, I was planning on letting her find out for herself. Of course I'm going to tell her." Louis says sarcastically and Harry lets out a snort.

"Sorry I asked, look I gotta go... but I'll talk to you tomorrow. We can go to the movies or something." 

"Alright... Thanks Harry." Louis says, feeling somewhat bad for being rude. Harry had done nothing but be nice to him for the past two days... and here he was being a dick. 

"Anytime. Love you." 

"Yeah... Love you too." Louis hangs up, letting out a small sigh before hoisting himself off the couch. He walks to the kitchen where his mum was, smiling softly at her as he sits at the bar. 

"Who was that on the phone?" She asks him, pulling a pan out of the cupboard. 

"Harry... He wants to go to the movies tomorrow." Louis says, biting his bottom lip as he watches his mum. 

"That'll be fun. Has he been keeping you company while I was away?" 

"Always does... Mum?" 

"Yes sweetheart?" Johannah stops in what she's doing, looking at her son with a soft smile on her face. Louis feels like he needs to throw up, really not wanting to tell his mum what he'd done... but he knew it was better to get it over with. If she got mad.... it would be okay. 

"I uh... " Louis stops for a second, finding it really hard to speak. His mum was looking at him expectantly, a warm smile that just made Louis feel even guiltier. He didn't know why he felt so nervous telling her, it wasn't like she was going to hate Louis for getting pregnant... sure she was going to be shocked... that was a given. Louis lets out another sigh, really finding this harder than it should've been... 

"I'll be right back..." Louis finds himself saying and he gets up from the bar. He walks up to his room and grabs the sonogram that he'd shoved into his coat after he'd told Zayn. He takes a deep breath before going back to the kitchen. Johannah was still waiting patiently for her son, her smile somewhat faded now as she saw Louis looking so stressed. 

"Are you alright dear?" She asks, feeling concerned for her son. Louis doesn't answer her, and instead places the sonogram down on the counter in front of her. Johannah looks down at it with a confused look, but that too slowly started to fade as she realized what it was. When she looks at Louis, the poor boy was close to tears for what felt like the millionth time that day. 

"Oh Lou..." She finds herself whispering, walking over to her son and pulling him into her arms. Louis just silently cries for a few minutes, unable to really form a sentence or think about what to say. The boy just really need his mum to be okay with this... if he didn't have her support, he wasn't really sure what he was going to do. 

Johannah holds Louis close, allowing the boy to cry and hold onto her like she was a lifeline. She too isn't really sure what to say, the shock of what was going on making it nearly impossible to think at the moment. Louis takes a while to calm down, and when he does, Johannah lets go of him. He looks at her expectantly, expecting some sort of scolding... but all she did was smile. 

"It's gonna be alright, Louis." She says and Louis sniffles a little. 

"How do you know that?" He asks, his voice hoarse. 

"Because mother knows best, now do me a favor and get washed up for dinner." Johannah kisses Louis on the cheek before turning her attention back to what she was cooking. Louis finally smiled, feeling better than he had for two days. He did as his mum asked, walking out of the kitchen to go wash up. He had just finished when his phone went off, alerting him of the fact that someone texted him. With a frown Louis looked at it. 

From: unknown Received: 7:05 pm

Louis, this is Zayn.

We need to talk. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well.

His mum knows now.

And before I get comments about how none of Louis' family is in this story, I'm probably not going to include them? I have issues keeping up with a lot of characters and more times than not... I forget about them. (If you've read Shiver, then you know what I'm talking about lol)

So yeah! 

Thank you guys so much for all your feedback, it really motivates me to write haha.

Love youuuu

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx